Re installing factory air

stanggt95

Nov 1, 2020
Florida
Does anyone know where I can purchase a complete factory A/C for a 95 GT? Whoever had the car before me did a factory A/C delete. It appears all the vaccume lines are gone. What air blows only blows through the defrost vents.

Attachments

• 20201116_221732.jpg
    20201116_221732.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, you might be in a bit more of an adventure with a carb swapped car, but you aren't as bad off as you think. If it's blowing air, then the whole AC system hasn't been deleted; there is still an HVAC box under the dash blowing the air. The vent controls run on a bunch of vacuum lines. If you pull the vent control panel, there will be a custer of blue, red, white, yellow, and black vacuum lines. If there is total vacuum failure, the system defaults to the defrost vents to preserve the critical safety function of keeping the windshield frost free. You need to run a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the black line on the back of the vent control. MPS auto salvage in Winder, GA specializes in parting out late model Mustangs. I have done business with them for 25 years. They might not be the cheapest, but they can pull what you need from their salvage yard.

Kurt

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
How about what's under the dash? Looks like you have a V6 car with a carb'd V8 put in because they did not want to swap over the electronics.

I am not aware of GTS identification in the VIN, it was only an option package. Would need your build sheet or a Marti Report to confirm. Also they were coupes only, your sig pic looks like a convertible.

If a GTS, why have the V6 wheels on it?

I am not aware of GTS identification in the VIN, it was only an option package. Would need your build sheet or a Marti Report to confirm. Also they were coupes only, your sig pic looks like a convertible.

If a GTS, why have the V6 wheels on it?
Someone that had it before me put the wheels on. All I can tell you is if you run the vin it comes back to a 1995 Ford MUSTANG Convertible GTS. I've got these wheels/tires coming tomorrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201116-001722_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201116-001722_Gmail.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 49
It helps to know what the original format of the car is you are starting with as there are differences between factory V8 cars and V6 cars. DMV descriptions can and should change as vehicle changes, so what is there should not be taken as gospel. Your car's VIN and door tag tell the true story.

Your VIN will be either 1FALP444xSFxxxxxx or 1FALP44TxSFxxxxxx. The first is for a factory V6, the second would be for a V8.

Given no GT badge on the fender and it being a convertible, my bet is on a V6.

Don't take my word for it... lots of info on them out there.

Last edited:
It helps to know what the original format of the car is you are starting with as there are differences between factory V8 cars and V6 cars. DMV descriptions can and should change as vehicle changes, so what is there should not be taken as gospel. Your car's VIN and door tag tell the true story.

Your VIN will be either 1FALP444xSFxxxxxx or 1FALP44TxSFxxxxxx. The first is for a factory V6, the second would be for a V8.

Given no GT badge on the fender and it being a convertible, my bet is on a V6.

Don't take my word for it... lots of info on them out there.
Look again

Attachments

• 20201118_125904.jpg
    20201118_125904.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 65
I just love hack up cars. The previous owner likely could not fix whatever was wrong and just swapped a carb on it.
Ok, lets attempt to deal with what you got.
The purge valve is not gonna function. I would take the valve out and connect the vac lines together, hopefully the canister is still hooked to manifold vacuum but I doubt it.
As for the ac, is the big can at the firewall still there?

I just love hack up cars. The previous owner likely could not fix whatever was wrong and just swapped a carb on it.
Ok, lets attempt to deal with what you got.
The purge valve is not gonna function. I would take the valve out and connect the vac lines together, hopefully the canister is still hooked to manifold vacuum but I doubt it.
As for the ac, is the big can at the firewall still there?
No

Well here is what I'm looking at. Looks like all the vaccume lines were disconnected and just left there. Also the lines coming from the condenser were cut and the condenser just left there.

That's actually a really helpful video. Those multicolor vacuum lines you were holding up are actually the vacuum lines that control the smog devices. Those are irrelevant, you can yank them out. The two electrical plugs you touched were the cannister purge solenoid plug, and the ECU test plug. Both irrelevant, you can yank them out. Right where the evaporator core lines come through the firewall, there should be a hard plastic vacuum line that goes to the HVAC controls. You will probably need to fish another vacuum line through the firewall.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user