Re-post. Making 350 HP daily driver

TITAN STANG

Apr 15, 2004
I am trying on a project to make a daily driven stang 5.0. I want to make at least 350. Thinking of adding the usual: intake, heads, fuel pump, etc. what else would I need to make it reliable? all the mods that I have in my signature are current.

• Sponsors (?)

You can do it on the stock block, or even a 306 easy. To make it easier Id go with a nice 331/347 with 10.5-1 compression and a nice set of heads/cam/intake and supporting mods and that should be easy 350 at the wheels

This has been brought up before and everyone said that it is almost impossible to make 350RWHP on a 302. But you could do it on a 331/347... I don't think it will be very "easy" or inexpensive either. But if you want to go with forced induction, it is easy to make that, but with a N/A car I always was told it was kinda hard.

Thanks all for the info. I need this information cause I cannot stand to see other car with more power on the street today. I was thinking of this combo:

New BBK high performance Ford EFI intake
AFR 165cc Heads
24# pound injectors
255 lph fuel pump
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
MSD 6A ignition
msd blaster coil

TITAN STANG said:
Thanks all for the info. I need this information cause I cannot stand to see other car with more power on the street today. I was thinking of this combo:

New BBK high performance Ford EFI intake
AFR 165cc Heads
24# pound injectors
255 lph fuel pump
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
MSD 6A ignition
msd blaster coil
Your gonna nead a healthy cam!!

crunchie12268 said:
This has been brought up before and everyone said that it is almost impossible to make 350RWHP on a 302.

:rlaugh: :bs:

376rwhp n/a 302
368rwhp n/a 306 untuned

Two of my previous cars i've built.
And don't give me any of this it won't be streetable **** either.

Less than 10.1..not an overly outrageous cam and full exhaust. Drove it everywhere, even buzzing down the interstate at 70mph with the 4.56's.

Streetablilitly is in the eye of the keyholder...my cars were full on street cars to me.

Well I know I got my ass ripped for saying that it wasn't that hard to make 350RWHP out of a 302. They said something like 339.xx RWHP was the most they saw on a N/A street driven 302. Maybe I am wrong but, stop being cocky cuz I am going by what I heard.

Thats cool, I just hope everybody comes and tells you that your numbers are bs like they did me, b/c I use to think it wasn't that hard to get those numbers. I hope you are right, because then I would have evidence that I was right in the first place.

There are a few guys on here making that kind of power from n/a 302-308's. Hell, perky is running 10.60's @125+mph in his nmra pure street car!

Don't take offense in anything i've said crunchie..its just the internet. I'm off to throw a shifter in the cobra..maybe even throw the headers/x pipe on too. And i said i wouldn't mod this thing,lol.

Wow thats a good link. Everybody said that you couldn't do it. I said it would be relativley easy, then I got attacked like a "pair of rims at a puff daddy concert" I tried to find the thread that all this controversy was in but I could only find my previous 50 post. But hey I was right, so everybody who said it couldn't be done... can kiss my ass.

yah r u looking for rwhp cause that trick flow kit says it makes 350 butt hats to the crank because they do all there testing on an engine dyno. matter of fact prolly every company does that juss to mkae it seem like its more hp. ive never seen an n/a 302 have more the 300hp to the wheels and ive only seen a couple of people with 347's that have dynoed at no more then 330 to the wheels so yes i think that 350 n/a to the wheels on a 302 is gonna be impossible on a street driven car