Rear brakes sticking...noticed when trying to move car

Aliate X

May 9, 2005
Rockland NY
Hey guys, I just noticed this tonight, I havnt driven the car, but it seems that my rear breaks are sticking, when I tired to move the car into the garage it was as if I had the e-brake up slightly or something, Im going to take a look at it today but I just wanted to try to prepare myself for something I might be in for, any ideas? thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

could possibly be your flexible brake line is swollen and trapping pressure in your rear calipers. This has happen to me. How to check to see if it is happening to you ?? Try to bleed rear brakes, if you get very little fluid out this is your problem. What happens is the hose swells on the inside (cannot tell by looking @ the outside). Hope this helps chris

hmmmmmm......by the looks of the picture in your sig, id say one of your wheels is indeed stuck while driving as i can see all that tire smoke.

on a more serious note, yea i would think that pulling wheels and drums off will tell you whats going on. Drum brakes can be notorious for spring popping off and brake shoe getting caught on drum.

if the drum brakes get frozen (usually with E-brake on) they'll stick, they did that on my toyota pickup the other night at 1am..it killed the truck a good 4-5 times before they cracked loose(dumped the clutch at half throttle)

~Mark~

Two possibilities that affect both rear brakes:
1.) The flex hose between the chassis and the rear axle has deteriorated and the layers have separated. This causes the fluid to be trapped in the line with a one way check valve effect. Replace the brake line.

2.) The proportioning valve has gone bad. It is supposed to maintain a slight pressure on the rear brakes to keep them working in harmony with the front calipers. The proportioning valve is connected to the M/C by the maze of brake lines near the M/C.