Rear Drag Racing Suspension Questions

Ls1bozo

Active User
Jan 2, 2018
So there are many questions and I understand a lot of its based on preference but this will help me decide. I do not know slot about the differences and maybe you can help. I was a good good racing suspension. What's the differences? Which is better and why.

Rear k member
Rear frame connector
Traction bars
Ladder bar crossmember
Ladderbar
4 link set up.

Maybe someone can ahead the light for me on what these all are what they do and what I should do. This is all based on a 8.8 Rear end as well.

• Sponsors (?)

The factory Fox 4 link is already a winner. Just need good components and an ARB. With the 8.8 prepped properly and the torque boxes re-enforced, it is good for high 7's or better in the 1/4 mile.

Let me add that it is imperative that you know your vehicles Roll Center, Center of Gravity and Instant Center. Without this knowledge (and how to use it) you can chase a traction/launch issue indefinably.

So addiding a Rear k member would help? And of course qa1 coil overs?
The rear does not have a K-member. The front does. A front K-member and coil overs work very well. Ideally a good double adjustable rear shock would be recommended, but a good single adjustable can be made to work as well.

The rear does not have a K-member. The front does. A front K-member and coil overs work very well. Ideally a good double adjustable rear shock would be recommended, but a good single adjustable can be made to work as well.
Normal v8 have dual shocks on both sides this only have 1 on each side. I was just going to go with aq1 adjustable coilover. I was also going to go with something like
Traction bars or
Ladder bar crossmember
Ladderbar? I want this rear end to be beefy. Any Thought?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-155150.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-155150.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20180104-154135.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-154135.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20180104-155225.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-155225.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 199
The main one is which is a good choice.
Watts link with 4 link set up is whatt I'm thinking about using. The question is what is ladder bars and traction bars and can they be used as Well? Why or why not