Brakes Rear end swap

Andresquintana.mma

Nov 28, 2014
Hey everyone I have a roller mustang I’m selling 4 cyl conversion but the rear end has disc brakes and 4.10 gears. I’d like to swap it to my 93 mustang gt that has factory rear end, how hard would it be and is it worth it. Have to do it in about 2 days by myself. Any suggestions or advice would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if you unbolt the 8.8 from the 93 with drum brakes...
And you unbolt the 8.8 with disc brakes from the 89
They will just direct swap over.
If you follow the brake line from the master cylinder to the rear differential, you will see that it attaches at/near the center section of the differential, usually offset to the drivers side.
You take the brake line loose at that junction.
Then it is just a matter of bolting everything up and bleeding the brakes.
You can even do this while leaving the wheels/tires on. It makes it easy to roll the rear differential from one vehicle to another.

Little update. My brake line (rubber hose) from drum brake set up on the 93 rear end doesn’t look like it connects to the 89 (disk break) setup. Looks like two different threads. Anyone know if there’s a work around.
93 drum break rear end is out and 89 is hanging by the upper control arms. Looks like I may have to leave the disk breaks with the car.
IMG_1418.jpeg

Attachments

• 72767465437__8C047797-9E17-446A-9FB7-10D77DAA7F29.jpeg
    72767465437__8C047797-9E17-446A-9FB7-10D77DAA7F29.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 29
Your first pic is for single exhaust or 86 and older cars.....
Damn ok. Is there an adapter that would work for this conversion and the other way around. Crazy that the 8.8 rear end w disk breaks bolted right up to it. Unless I bought the adapter a long time ago. Much appreciated though. The car is an 89 4 cyl conversion in the 1st pic.

I just went through this converting my 83 to take dual exhaust.....
You will probably have to change out the brake lines...
Look at LMR's site... I think they have the kit for the body brake line and the housing....

So your second pic is the car you want to install the rear end into?
All you should have to do is install new lines on the rear end housing then... I think LMR has them for drum and disc brakes...

Cur the end off the 93 line and use fittings amd a union to merge the lines. A good flaring tool will do this easily. Just need 2 fitting and a union block.