Rear gas tank and front tilt hood pics..

I respect both ideas, I just don't like the hood itself. (but I dont like the looks of 90% of aftermarket hoods anyway.:rolleyes:)

Not before you bust your brains out on the steering wheel because of the 2-point seatbelts, then comes the whiplash and the burning.

The spear-o-.....I mean tilt-o-matic. :rlaugh: I don't think the collapsable column was introduced until 68.

I do like the idea of a shaved fuel door. That will really clean the car up. Looks like quality work, too. :nice:

Didn't mean to high jack, just wanted to explain the issue on the classic pony's.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to see more pictures of the tilt forward hood, and how its hinged/mounted. The more I think about it, the more I think its a really cool idea. If Jaguars and Corvettes have taught us anything, its that tilt forward hoods are safer at speed and make working under the hood much easier.

Nice job on the filler neck. It looks really clean. However.....I used to own a Jeep that had the filler behind the license plate, and the spring up plate was a PAIN when filling. W/ the tight tolerances b/t the tail lights and w/ the bumper cover there I'd almost want a latch system instead of a spring up plate bracket....so that the plate wouldn't be trying to close while I'm filling up.

I'd like to see more pictures of the tilt forward hood, and how its hinged/mounted. The more I think about it, the more I think its a really cool idea. If Jaguars and Corvettes have taught us anything, its that tilt forward hoods are safer at speed and make working under the hood much easier.
Well it does make under the hood easier.Well i still us the samestock front latch. becaus it actually closes likea stock hood you open it like you would a stock hood about maybe ten inches the i just drops fordward. Thats why I still use my hood pins besides the looks.. heres a closer look of the hinges.
P1011959-1.jpg

theres a spring that goes were that hook is to the bottom were the bar starts to go across it makes it easier to open the hood. I didn't like the bar tat goes across but if you don't put it the hood twist to the sides.When i put the bar it didn't look that bad because as you can see it goes along the front support. I made it clear my radiator cap also..
P1260928-4.jpg

heres a front view of how it looks..
P9010683-2.jpg

heres how it looks with the gas tank shaved and my handles shaved looks like the other side sorry it looks blurr.

Yea i dont know what you guys are talking about with safety issues and changes in the weight distribution??? I like both ideas and i think the hood will look alright when its all said and done. Nice work man. Love the shaved filler door idea! should look very clean when done.

Thanks. I will keep you posted. I just need to finish up my engine bay for painting and hidding my wires.I need to block snd the whole car specially where the gas cap used to be nd my handles.. Thaks gu for your comments.

The hood I could take or leave but applaude the work :nice: The filler neck idea I really like cause doors always bugged me with their opening and closing....who do they think they are.

OAN I see a remake of Anna and the King is on and Anna is a futuristic robot from the future that is a ninja and the king is played by a dog :nice:

Im still trying to figure out how your fenders bolt up. It looks like you welded up all the holes for the fender mounts.
I will post some pictures up tomorrow to show you. I redrilled holes and using the same fasteners but made the holes with drill n dremel i tried cleaning it up to be nicer but i noticed you can see the hole anyways with the fenders on.I wasn't sure exsactly were to drill but I put my fenders on the marked the holes and then drilled out the two stock holes(more like squares I guess.)