Rear Lift Bars!!!???

The Fox

Mar 30, 2005
Port Elizabeth
Ok, I was gonna get some good LCAs but then I saw that there are things called TRACTION BARS/REAR LIFT BARS that replace lower control arms. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/lak21900.html

And can someone educate me on these. I understand LCAs. Do these offer BETTER traction. It says they are street/strip. And can it mess up my uppers by these lift bars moving my rear in an odd way? EDUCATE ME! Thanks

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

I think that style is for cars older than fox mustangs.

There is plenty of other lift style control arms for a fox mustang, but remember the change how the arm puts pressure on the torque boxes in a NOT good way, so the TB's need to be reinforced.

Oh yeah, I'm building a rear definately. I won't do it until I learn more about them though. Like the purpose of c-clips, what spline axles to get, whether to get strange, auburn, eaton, etc. And then I want to retain drums and switch to 5 lug.

The bars u are looking at fox will drag on stuff. I have a friend who had them on his car and threw them away. He dragged on everything with them. Speed bumps, etc. Don't get them. I used myself traction action bars by lakewood very good product.

I had SSM lift bars on my gt and I like the traction action bars better. They hook insane. I launch at 3500 on et streets and no traction problems.