rear mount twin turbo

mustangking101

Feb 22, 2009
AZ
in about a few weeks when i get some more money i want to do a twin turbo in the rear. because its cheaper and its all i can afford right now. im only going to be running about 5psi nothin huge.. i just wanna get an extra 50-80 horsepower the cheapest.
has anyone here ever done a rear mount who could post up some pics of what it looks like more or anyone know a website that shows pictures of the rear mount turbos?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

you can check out turbomustangs.com

but if your goal is only another 50-80 horses, that can be had for less than any turbo kit will cost. i don't know what you have done to the car already, but there are plenty of options.

There was a guy that did it a while back and got good results. His name was something like "Bluebreadtruck"...not cheap though....I think I remember him complaining about how noisy the auxiliary oil pumps were that supplied the turbos.

Are you going to make it or buy a kit already made? STS makes a rear mount kit for our cars. If your going to make it, it involves more than you think. Beginning with the drain of the tubors, your going need a sump pump to suck the oil and push back to the oil pan. Your going to need a very good pump for that, some are expensive.

My 2nd twin setup was low mounted up front behind the bumper and the main problem I had was turbo drainage and finding the right pump for the job.
IMO twins up front are less expensive, but then again it depends whether you make your own kit or buy one.

Those rear mount turbo kits are kind of pointless. A nice single turbo kit from Pro-Turbo and some of their competitors runs in the $4K range, and it's a much better product.

Kurt