Fox Reasonably priced bluetooth stereo for fox body?

• Sponsors (?)

Alpine UTE-73BT will work. I needed up getting one with a CD player as I wanted HD on the FM. There are actually some good stations where I live otherwise I would not have gone that route.

Because i'm picky about the interior i found only one aftermarket stereo that IMO fit the bill for modern features and an 80's look.
But i would not call it budget.
Bought a blaupunkt bremen SQR 46 remake, the tape deck is really ports and memory card slots.
Changes to green too, so it matches the cluster.
I'll post a pic if you want, just keep in mind it's nearly $500 and i'm not so sure it's one of those head units that you could find for $500 new and $39 used...

Alpine UTE-73BT will work. I needed up getting one with a CD player as I wanted HD on the FM. There are actually some good stations where I live otherwise I would not have gone that route.
This looks perfect, thanks. I just wanna be able to use my xmradio app while i drive particularly ch.40 liquid metal:cool:

Sony XAV series lacks the CD player so it fits nicely in the fox dash in the standard location.

The 417 fox dash kits are a nice concept, but I don’t want to cut up my dash to install them

I run a Bluetooth cassette with my OeM radio. Surprisingly it works quite well

Any standard single din radio will fit. Please do not waste money on an instal kit. They make you have to put screws in the dash. You do not need a dash kit at all. All you need is the wiring adapters. I've installed a bunch of radios in mustangs and never needed to use an install kit. Looks cleaner, keeps from putting holes in the center console, and saves money.

When I totalled out my Razor Side By side I took the HiFonics Radio out of it...Its very small and can fit just about anywhere....

A couple months later when I was looking for a cheap amplifier I ran across the same units being sold on Amazon for $60..

Amazon product ASIN B073YDKDBBView: https://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-TPS-BT1-Bluetooth-Pre-Amp-Controller/dp/B073YDKDBB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1P8QE33TCKK3Q&keywords=hifonics+bluetooth+controller&qid=1669754867&sprefix=hifonics+bluetooth%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

I also have a passive EQ to shape the sound too.........Everything is controlled by a single joystick style knob...You can advance and go back on the music tracks by pushing the stick right and left...volume is a twist and theres an AUX jack plus remote turnon wire and 2 rcs jacks

You can turn the radio space into a gauge pod area.......LOL

They also have amplifiers with built-in bluetooth and you can eliminate the headdeck and a spot to mount the radio all together...

I have the non bluetooth 1500 watt version...Im not looking to blow my ears out so I have the gain cut to 1/3 and the sound is killer with an 8 speaker sound system hooked 4x4 in each door hooked up in both parallel and in series per each side to keep it 2 ohms stable on only 2 channels w/2 self amplified 600 watt subs under the bench seat filling in the bump..LOL

Amazon product ASIN B08H7DR56WView: https://www.amazon.com/Blaupunkt-AMP1804BT-4-Channel-Amplifier-Bluetooth/dp/B08H7DR56W/ref=asc_df_B08H7DR56W?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80195721138766&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795270842719&psc=1

Good Luck

IMG_20221028_162909_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_122223.jpg
    IMG_20210927_122223.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: