ReefBlueHatch's Progress Thread

ReefBlueHatch

Jan 12, 2010
Central KY
It's amazing what a leaking oil pan gasket has made me do. So my winter project is to freshen up my engine bay and add a little power. The bay will be painted base/clear to match the car along with a light wire tuck. It will have a stock theme with original decals, coil cover, and stock air box and tube. The engine is getting pulled for the following:

GT40P heads w/ fresh valve job, milled, and Comp springs
TFS stage 1
FRPP coated shorty headers
FRPP lifters
Comp timing chain
And all the little crap...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0003-1.jpg
    DSC_0003-1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

That's the cleanest stock upper intake I've ever seen. We through ours away it was so bad, it was actually charcoal grey (not even the hintest of the color you got going on). I was going to post a picture of it but I can't bring myself to compare.

Here's a little update:

I've been sick the past week so I haven't done much. I found a stock airbox/tube setup in good shape. Saturday I bought a Explorer intake for $50 bucks from Craigslist, it even has EGR passages. So I cleaned it up and painted it yesterday. Ordered some OEM parts: distributor boot, oil filler cap, coolant reservoir cap, and coil cover.
DSC_0003-2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0003-2.jpg
    DSC_0003-2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 66
Did a similar swap on one of mine a few months ago. The little things were the ones that truly cost me a whole lot of time and money. If i can save you some time or money answering some questions, PM me and I'll shoot you my number. Good luck.

20110625133633.jpg

Just a little update:

I lifted the car over the weekend and pulled down the h-pipe and driveshaft. Tonight I dropped out the T5 that's covered in oil. Looks like I have quite a mess to clean up - oil pan, transmission, tunnel, and k-member are covered in oil. Now all I have to do is find an engine lift and I can start on the bay, which means a lot of sanding, priming, and POR 15.

Reactions: 1 user