Removed transmission, cleaning parts?

ices

Apr 3, 2005
Hello, yesterday I finally removed my transmission from the car. However, I got some lint on the speedo gear, how should I clean this off? Is it important that I do? I don't want anymore problems, so I'm trying to eliminate as many foreign objects getting into the driveline as I can. Is there anything else I should replace while I'm down there? I'm taking a trip to advance auto parts today, so quick replies appreciated! otherwise, I can just order the parts online, but I'm going back to campus next week.

• Sponsors (?)

Use some water to wash the lint off, such as a hose, and then take some brake cleaner to it to remove any of the water, let it dry, and put it back in.
I'd inspect the condition of the trans mount, crossmember bushings, rear main seal, clutch pieces, and I'd change the rear seal on the trans and perhaps the pinion seal as well.

i noticed in the rear of the transmission, where it is supported by the crossmember, that there are many cracks and rips in the bushing. Is that the crossmember bushing? Where can i purchase this part? I'm searching through the advanceautoparts website and there isn't anything about a crossmember bushing.