removing rear quarter trim peice?

mean78

Mar 3, 2008
ok so i have a 78 hatch and it is currently getting prepped for paint that will be layed on it in the next few weeks. i was removing the lower trim peice from the rear quarter window today, but for some reason it wont give, i removed the interior pannel that goes across the inside, then removed the two screws that goes threw the tabs(inside) on the trim, but for some reason i cant seem to get the trim to slide out, im affraid if i pry on it to bad that i will crease the trim or tweak it.

does anyone have a trick to doing this?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a problem....have you tried a wide putty knife and prying gently? What I ran into on my sons Cougar the other day is someone decided to seal a leak with silicon around the trim. maybe someone did this to your quarter trim? I'm with you about not wanting to crease the trim or anything, they aren't that easy to get ahold of in good shape.

I'm not that famliar with the stang yet but in general some gentle but firm prying will do the trick or at least allow you to get a better look at the problem. A plastic blade is an awsome tool.

thanks for the input!

i did use a flat/wide pudy nice and it didnt seem to do much, i know it hasnt been seals with anything, this car only had 55k miles when i got it out of a barn.

they are seriously perfect, i budged it a tiny bit but i didnt feel good about it

ill keep trying and let you guys know

thanks!

thanks for the input!

i did use a flat/wide pudy knife and it didnt seem to do much, i know it hasnt been seald with anything, this car only had 55k miles when i got it out of a barn.

they are seriously perfect, i budged it a tiny bit but i didnt feel good about it

ill keep trying and let you guys know

thanks!

To get that lower quarter window trim off/out you'll need to remove the quarter glass. There are 2 or 3 small phillips screws holding the trim on underneath the glass. Stupid design, I never could understand it. This goes for both Coupes and Fastbacks. :nice:

lol ya just a little bit, i kinda thought that already because i had already removed those two phillips screws and i was hopeing i could get the trim to slide out nice, but so far that isnt working

looks like the glass is coming out.........:notnice: