Removing The Stock Radio on a 04 GT.

Anyone have any clue how the factory one attaches. The center console doesnt appear to have any bolts, and the the factory radio is almost doulbe din in size. On my 2000 it used the standard ford removal tool, but I cant even see how this one is attached. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You gotta yank out the center console bezel, then yank out the bezel that surrounds the radio and AC vents. Then it's only a couple of screws to remove the radio.

Pull the bezel for the console up and out towards you. Pull the radio bezel straight out.

Well, I hope you know on 01's and up the sound system is screwy with aftermarket stuff. There was an article about it awhile back in one of the mags. I know from first hand account of my friends system in his '02 GT. Nothing worked. We had to put everything in..speakers, amps, etc.. Even the article said that an aftermarket head unit wouldn't work with any of the Mach 460 stuff. It is all or nothing. The guys in here may have different experience with it, but from what I have read and what happened in that '02, I believe the article now.

My '00 V6 had the premium sound (NOT Mach 460) which had factory amps. I just had to buy the adapter to let the aftermarket radio interface with the factory amps(Pieces of crap BTW). My '04 GT doesnt have any factory amps, its just the standard radio/MP3 player, so the install was really easy, just bought the adapter, soldered in the connections to my aftermarket radio, and installed it. I bought the car on purpose without the Mach 460, because I hate running new speaker wire to bypass the factory amps :bang:

Excellent. The Mach 460's don't like to be messed with, nor does the Mach 1000. I really wanted the MP3 radio in mine, but they didn't have any GTs with it. All were 460's and 1000's. That MP3 seems like a hard radio to get.