Replacing a Auto trans with a T5 Manual

Chill_Factor

Dec 4, 2007
Detroit
I have a 95 GT with a auto trans, I had it completely rebuilt 4 years ago after it died on me with only 60,000 miles(I was pissed $2,200), then the torque converter went 2 years ago(another $600.) and now today the trans is shoot again I just changed the trans fluid and it was black.

I am sick of this peice of **** auto and want to convert to a T5 Manual, if any one has any info on what it takes to do this job it would be great. Do I need a new computer, were is the best place to get parts, and the most important does any one have or know were I can get a good T5 trans.

also I am a CNC machinist and I have a CNC machine, so if any one has any custome parts they like to have machined let me know I may be able to help.

www.art-cam.com

• Sponsors (?)

Its not the trans thats a piece its the builder that did it

You have to change your pedal assembly when you do change the stock quadrant to aftermarket. Summitt has a kit for it. I beleive cable and quadrant. Get pedal assembly from a junk yard. You can keep the same computer. Need a flywheel of coarse and clutch. Change over the shifter. You have to re-route your speedo cable to a different hole in firewall to allow for the clutch cable. A little wiring for reverse lights and nuetral safety switch. Crossmeber will work and driveshaft will work. Good luck finding a good T-5. Also get a firewall adjuster for the cable also. I think I got most of it.