Right rear is higher than left rear. What the hell!!???!

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
So I was looking at my car today and noticed that the drivers side front and rear tire are very similar in ride height. Then I looked at the passenger side and it looks like the rear passenger tire is higher than the rest of the tires. I even went and placed my car on a level surface and still, it is higher, at least 1/4 to a half an inch. What could cause this? The only mods I have back there are Eibach springs and KYB shocks and quads.
Driver's side rear

mvc036f.jpg

Passenger side rear

mvc035f.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem 2 times..

First time.. the springs were SHOT... so I put in some EIBACHS and fixed it... I only have 3/8th of an inch difference now... opposed to 3 finger difference!

The the second time... the spring rotated on the perch and was 180* rotated.. which caused a raised spring height.

It's called the Foxbody lean....you may or may not be able to ever fix it. Nobody seems to know what causes it or a surefire remedy - different stuff works for different people. Some can cure it with lowering springs, others go through UCA's and LCA's, springs, shocks, and coilovers and still have it. I have it...hoping I'm one of the lucky spring-fix ones this summer...guess we'll see.

Ash

a buddy of mine has the same problem in his 89 saleen. but his is from frame twist. you can really tell when the car is up on a lift. the tires are all even but you can see that the car is twisted.

Matts89LX5.0 said:
both pigtails at the bottom of the spring have to be on the inside.

Not sure about that....

Maybe this will help, from my haynes manual,

Installation:set the upper insulator on the top of the spring, using tape to hold it in place, if necessary.

place the lower insulation on the lower suspension arm

install the internal damper in the spring

PLACE THE SPRING BETWEEN THE SUSPENSION ARM AND THE FRAME \, SO THAT THE PIGTAIL ( THE END OF THE SPRING) ON THE LOWER SUSPENSION ARM IS POINTING TOWARD THE LEFT SIDE OF THE VEHICLE.

That last step seems to have both spring's pigtails facing the the driver side if i understood it correctly...

when my car was stock, it was level, but when i put on upeer/lower ca's, comp shocks,and LMM g-force springs, then lean was terrable. My passenger side looked like a monster truck, and the driver side tire was actually tucked! I called them and they told me they were side specific springs, so i swapped them, it helped, but there is still a slight lean.

Emerald92GT said:
when my car was stock, it was level, but when i put on upeer/lower ca's, comp shocks,and LMM g-force springs, then lean was terrable. My passenger side looked like a monster truck, and the driver side tire was actually tucked! I called them and they told me they were side specific springs, so i swapped them, it helped, but there is still a slight lean.

Well, those are Drag springs...they are different rates to keep the wheels planted - like the airbag.

i put air bags in to try to compansate for the lean, but all that did was raise both sides together even when air was added into the drivers side.... o well.... its really setteling out now, you can barely tell.... just give it awhile....