Rumor of 92/94-95 computer swap

I have heard from a source that the 92 A9L computer was the best computer to hit the market as far as tuning goes. After 92 the emissions programming started to impede aftermarket modifications. I do know, from experience, that the change of cam lift on the 94-95 will severely hurt idle. So, my questions are, is this true? If so do the wire harnesses match letting me make the swap literally a plug-and-play?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, my idle pretty much sucks cause of my e303. thats why my twEECer is gonna make me a happy man once i figure it out. do a search on here and thecorral about the a9l computer in our cars. i know for awhile people were getting sick of answering questions about it cause so many people were asking. just do a quick search and i think you will find that a tuner is gonna be a better idea rather than just throwing another computer in there. its an option nonetheless tho

msbarr884 said:
I have heard from a source that the 92 A9L computer was the best computer to hit the market as far as tuning goes. After 92 the emissions programming started to impede aftermarket modifications. I do know, from experience, that the change of cam lift on the 94-95 will severely hurt idle. So, my questions are, is this true? If so do the wire harnesses match letting me make the swap literally a plug-and-play?

It is NOT the best computer as far as tuning goes. Ask any real tuner, and they will tell you the 94/95 computer give you way more tables to work with.

But, the a9l is a better computer as far as cam swaps go, they dont freak out like the 94/95 comps do.

Your best bet is to get a custom dyno tune/chip made, or order a tuning device like the tweecer or PMS.