running codes

fastcaseman

Jan 3, 2021
Missouri
Hi everyone, I have a 1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 L. I recently started working on it after it had been left to sit for around 7 years. Since then I have gotten it to start and idle and recently I used an OBD I reader to troubleshoot whatever issues there might be. I received codes 81 (Air diverter solenoid fault, intake air control circuit / air injection diverter), 82 (Air diverter solenoid circuit fault or supercharger bypass circuit fault), and 95 (fuel pump secondary circuit fault). Can anyone help me with how I can go about addressing these issues? Any help would be much appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Is the air pump and related plumbing still hooked up? Code 81/82 are for that system.

code 95 means the fuel pump relay is not being powered. Is this car mass air swapped? If so, was the wire run to the pump relay from the ECU to monitor the pump circuit? If not, you’ll get this code since the ECU can’t perform the check. With a lot of mass air swaps, it’s usually not done (but should be)

I will be honest, I have no idea if the air pump and related plumbing are still hooked up. I also don't know what that looks like.

I also don't know if the car is mass air swapped. Keep in mind, this was my grandpa's car so I know very little on what was done to it!. If you could walk me through I could check these things, that would be great.