Running Rich (codes included)

FiveOhGabe

Aug 18, 2022
Menifee CA
I have a 94 GT and only mods I have done are a bbl x pipe, cutback, and bbl CAI. Thought the cars issue was the old cats being clogged but it still just dumps fuel. It also runs differently at times. Sometimes it has crackles at higher RPM's and other times it runs normal. Also randomly chops at idle as if it was cammed. Also down on power.

The codes I pulled are: 172- HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault/lean. 175- HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault/not switching, or fuel system at adaptive limits. 176- HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault/ always lean. 181 - Fuel system at rich adaptive limits at partial throttle/system lean. 212- Loss of ignition diagnostic monitor signaling/SPOUT circuit grounded.
Could it be caused by the x pipe? My gut tells me fuel pump but I'm just guessing.
Any ideas or advice?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, as with most issues like this, I'd suspect at least more than one problem. First thing I would do is go over my vacuum lines, fuel pressure check/monitoring,
Don't know any back ground on car but I'd check plugs, cap, rotor and wires. Is the spout connector all greasy and crusty?

IMG_4626.jpeg
Upon my search for the spout connector I noticed this empty bracket point on my distributor. What's supposed to be here? I found the first Spout by the wheel well but not one by the distributor.

This is the famous 'surging idle checklist ' read through it once to familiarize yourself and note the 94-5 stuff is highlighted, 94-5 stuff are placed a little different.
Jrichker and others contributed to the list and it works when the directions are followed.

94/94 cars no longer have the TFI module mounted on the distributor (area you noted that is “missing something”). Ford finally addressed the issue of them getting heat soaked on the 86-93 cars by remote mounting them on the 94/95 cars. So no need to worry about something missing as nothing is missing.

Use the check list the General has pointed you too.

Reactions: 1 user