RWHP w/ Mac Lt's and Prochamber Midpipe

• Sponsors (?)

I just took off my prochamber because it was to quite and very raspy at high rpm. I now have MAC LTs, o/r H, SLP LM2 catback.

Not really sure what the longtubes did for power, exhaust is mostly for better sound.

1 million H.P.
Dr_Evil.jpg

unless you plan on adding a supercharger the long tubes will do nothing but lighten your wallet! Now the pro-chamber that will give you power! imho flows = loud , no power. The combo of pro-chamber and flows from what ive heard its realy loud, but that is what some are after.......

unless you plan on adding a supercharger the long tubes will do nothing but lighten your wallet! Now the pro-chamber that will give you power! imho flows = loud , no power. The combo of pro-chamber and flows from what ive heard its realy loud, but that is what some are after.......

:rolleyes:

they are worth a tenth over a stock length, offroad setup on a bolt on 2v

My Cobra did 422 rwhp with all the mods it has, when they installed the longtubes it mad 447 rwhp. No other mods other then the new h-pipe but the old one was an OR one anyway. The puter was retuned as well but it was at the same place that tuned it the first time :shrug:
So on my car it picked up 25rwhp :nice:
Keep in mind though the car is blown and already was setup for 13psi and had plenum upgrades. So who knows what a non FI car would gain :shrug:

I have the exact same setup. It really isn't loud at all... When I get on it it does sound pretty loud, but inside the sound quality is pretty mundane. I'm actually thinking of taking the flowmasters off. As for h.p. I can't feel much, but the top end seems better. But I also have a trick flow upper plenum, and a 75mmm t/b. I have a video on youtube of my car....I'll try and post the link.

what?, are you serious?....

well I subscribe to 5.0 mustang mag and I pay very close attention to the exh stuff in the articles. All the dyno test on long tubes lost 3-5 hp across the band over stock manifold untill bout 5,300 rpm then gained about 2-3 hp? So yes Im serious! on our cars spinning the eng over 5,500 rpm is a waste , the hp starts to drop dramaticaly at 5,200-5,500 anyway . mine wont spinn to 9,000? why would i want to pay 200-700 bucks for 2-3 hp from 5,200-6,000 rpm?!

well I subscribe to 5.0 mustang mag and I pay very close attention to the exh stuff in the articles. All the dyno test on long tubes lost 3-5 hp across the band over stock manifold untill bout 5,300 rpm then gained about 2-3 hp? So yes Im serious! on our cars spinning the eng over 5,500 rpm is a waste , the hp starts to drop dramaticaly at 5,200-5,500 anyway . mine wont spinn to 9,000? why would i want to pay 200-700 bucks for 2-3 hp from 5,200-6,000 rpm?!

Your an idiot.

I dont know what article you read or if it was even a 4.6 mustang.

In the real world long tube headers will make more power and torque than stock. The more power your car is making, the more power a set of long tubes would add.

I have long tubes and will tell you that they are well worth it, especially if you ever plan on a supercharger or nitrous

WOW... i dont know what to say, maybe you should buy a tornado, that will give you 1000 horse power.........