S197 wheels and tires

Rich08809

Feb 28, 2010
New Jersey
If going with 20" wheels and lowering springs, will I run into any tire rubbing issues with 295/30/20 tires. If anyone has experience with lowering springs and these tire sizes, please let me know. Any suggestions on springs would also help... i.e go with a 285 instead, etc. Was thinking of H&R SS but don't know if they would lower too much with that size tire. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If going with 20" wheels and lowering springs, will I run into any tire rubbing issues with 295/30/20 tires. If anyone has experience with lowering springs and these tire sizes, please let me know. Any suggestions on springs would also help... i.e go with a 285 instead, etc. Was thinking of H&R SS but don't know if they would lower too much with that size tire. Thanks!

WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR??

I ran 305's on the back of my 06 GT and never had a problem with em and I had the Eibach prokit springs that gave the car 1.5" drop. I think I had 255's or so up front, but I have friends who have had as fat as 275's in front on s197's without them rubbing with lowering springs.

Bear in mind that fat tires on the front of s197's tend to stick out of the fenderwell a tad, but that's all in what ya like looks wise.