sad day today

N8Dogg98

10 Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
MN
I dropped full coverage on the Mustang today (it's still insured for fire and theft) and she's all put away for the winter. The weather in MN has been real chitty lately and I haven't driven it for almost 3 weeks. Tonight I'll pop the hood, and disconnect the battery and hook it up to the charger. Already can't wait for next spring. I hate winter :( but I'm really loving the new DD!

• Sponsors (?)

Why put her away? Some of the most fun you can have in a mustang is when it is dry and 5*F outside. :D That cold air is dense and dry, plus the computer advances the timing. It makes a slow NPI like mine feel like an LS1. Seriously, no joke! The power is just fun. :)

I drive mine all year round. It has heat and all the stuff you need. We don't get as much snow here in KC, but I get around just fine with a bit of weight in the trunk and descent tires. The body and paint of mine still cleans up GREAT and there are no signs of cancerous rust.
When I bought the 2.3, the seller included a pair of studded tires and I would run those in the snow. It's so fun getting around better in a mustang than most of the 4wd trucks :D. People would look at you like WTF.

See all the different ways to have fun in a mustang all year round? :nice:

I agree about driving on dry, 5 degree days... the car feels like a beast. Unfortunately, I only have one allotted parking space in my apartment complex, so I have to trade out cars and leave the mustang parked somewhere remotely.

I just put mine away a couple weeks ago as well. It sucks, but the dropped insurance will help with finances for the nxt few months.

As I said in my thread, I will NOT drive it in the winter. Even on a "dry" day, due to the 40 billion tons of salt they coat every square inch with.

On dry days, cars make dust clouds, like they're on a dirt/gravel road. Makes me cringe seeing white dust everywhere, and where it could be going/hiding on/in the car. So I don't even bother.

I drove my car through 2 North Dakota winters and one MN winter. Had a yearly membership to a local car wash and got it washed every day lol. For the past few years, though, I've pretty much stored it and only drove it on nice winter days. This year I decided why f*** around, may as well save a little money for mods over the winter and drop coverage. Plus my car doesn't have any rust and there does not appear to be any chassis rust yet. No point in provoking it now.

North Dakota wasn't as bad as MN though. They don't use salt up there in Grand Forks, ND because it is totally useless due to the extremely low temps. They used sand instead. Let me tell you, car ran like a beast when a high pressure system came in and the outdoor temps were around -30. Could break the tires loose as a goose on the highway with a downshift.

To me, it's just not any fun to drive in the winter time here. At some point during the day it will rain for awhile, and with slick roads I can't drive the way I usually do :D. My Focus is a great crappy weather car.

Yap,that time of year.My GT has been put to sleep aswell for the last few weeks.Cleaned her inside,and out,(not that she needed it,but it was the last cleaning for the season LOL) then parked her up on some plywood,with styro foam underneath it,along with some carboard on the garage floor,and added some fuel stabilizer.All i had left to do was change the oil,and filter,and i did that friday night.It does suck to put them away,put when it nears spring time,you start to get that anxious feeling to get the stang back out.
I know some question on the whole storage thing,and wonder why.But honestly i couldn't imagine driving my lowered,cammed,and geared GT in the cold nothern winters with my family in her,along with all the idiots around me that can't even drive on the hottest,driest day in the middle of summer.(yes i live in one of thse cities that was rated one of the worst for drivers which ranked in the top 3 a few years back.LOL!)