Saleen Cobra

Luca11

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey Guy's, whats up. I need to know what a saleen cobra is. Some guy passing through town had a nice looking saleen, but when I caught up with it, he had cobra emblems and a heat extractor hood. I asked him why he put cobra emblems on a saleen. He replied its a saleen cobra. Did I miss somthing. Does anybody know.

• Sponsors (?)

Uh, no.

Saleen "Saleenized" Mustang Cobras. They're not common but they're out there. Not Fox Bodies though, so depending on which body style you're talking about....

nah, your not missing anything. the other guy is a yahoo, a typical emblem/sticker freak, a confused individual who is waiting for a proper flaming or roadside tea bagging.

its either a saleen or a cobra! one or the other! not both! hes a mustang want to be! knows nothing and believes everything he is told! or hes a sticker king!

You guys need to educate yourselves a little bit. Saleen made 128 Saleen Cobras between 1996 and 2004. Very rare and very desireable. www.soec.org for more information.

Here's a very nice example:
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/94-98/96/96SaleenCobraS-281.jpg

you need to educate yourself jackass! i said no foxes!

Hey, stay nice huh?

a) the original poster didn't say it WAS a Fox, so we don't even know what he's talking about yet. Despite being in 5.0 Talk, I'm betting the car in question IS NOT A FOX BODY. Heat extractor hoods on Fox Bodies are very uncommon, you know.

b) I said there were no Saleen Cobra Foxes first, so ha. :p

;)

Just watching out for my buddy Wythors :nice: He never gives anyone **** and doesn't need to be called a jackass like most others here :p

Anyway, yea, we all know there are SN95 Cobra Saleens and no Fox ones. Let's see how many others come in and feel the need to say it now before we even know what ****ing model the guy is talking about :rolleyes:

Yes they did make Saleen Cobras. When I was going to buy my 98 Saleen S281 back in 98 they had a brand spanking new Saleen Cobra there in the showroom. McCarville Ford in LI NY which was a Saleen and SVT dealer(Now closed). Very expensive car compared to the regular S281.

This particular one was a Stock Cobra motor with the full Saleen treatment, NICE:nice:

hmm, well,well what do you know learn something new everyday :flag: . I stand corrected & schooled. still very rare so to run into one would be unusual or a typical yahoo copy hard to tell i guess unless you know what to look for.