Roush Saleen speedster cover

jcwoyame94

Apr 8, 2002
All the speedster covers I see pictures of have a black trim on the inside towards the front seats and I was wondering what it is. Is it just black paint or is it some kind or actual trim that goes there. I bought a cover from saleen and it didn't come with any trim or anything and I'd like to make it just like a production saleen cover. If you have any close up pictures it would be helpful, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's paint, semi-flat, the same as the underside. When I had mine repainted after dropping it in a rain storm, the body shop used a plastic paint, and I can't remember the name, but I think it was Seims or something like thay. I used the same brand when I painted by door panel inserts. It stays on and is real tough.
tonneau.jpg

:spot:

My digital camera is down till this weekend....but I have a Black Speedster with flat black towards the inner of the cover and the regular Black clear coat on the rest of the cover. BIG Block is right...the flat black is a lot stronger paint and is resiliant to less scratches.

bigblockgt said:
It's paint, semi-flat, the same as the underside. When I had mine repainted after dropping it in a rain storm, the body shop used a plastic paint, and I can't remember the name, but I think it was Seims or something like thay. I used the same brand when I painted by door panel inserts. It stays on and is real tough.
tonneau.jpg

:spot:
thanks for the help. is it a smooth finish or does it have texture to it?

Well, it would depend on what year... mine doesn't have a completely "smooth" feel to it. Its like the side mirrors on the car with flat paint on it. That is the best way for me to discribe it to you.