Saleen T1 Race wing

• Sponsors (?)

They don't sell the T-1 anymore and are not reproduced. I don't think very many were ever made.

One guy did have a run of about 15 made from an original about year ago I bought one of them. He had them on the SVT site. One was on Ebay a couple weeks ago but it didn't meet the reserve. They are pretty spendy.

I will try to find the link on the SVT site so you can see them on different cars. They are pretty big and certain cars that do not have the Saleen body kit and don't have large enough rear tires it almost does not look right. Like putting it on a totally stock car it looks out of place, but lowered and wheels/tires they look good!

It does look awesome in person...pic's don't do it justice. You also loose about half of your rear window looking into your rear view mirror....:D

Picture011.jpg

Saleenblymyer4.jpg

It is tall but IIRC it is a functional wing.

With the 17x11 315 combo I have out back I have been thinking about the boss wing and would LOVE to get a T1 (hard to come by and I am thrifty). I have been thinking about the larger wing as like said with big back tires a small wing like the 281 looks a little lost. I do LOVE the 281 juts been thinking of what else would look good.

It is tall but IIRC it is a functional wing.

With the 17x11 315 combo I have out back I have been thinking about the boss wing and would LOVE to get a T1 (hard to come by and I am thrifty). I have been thinking about the larger wing as like said with big back tires a small wing like the 281 looks a little lost. I do LOVE the 281 juts been thinking of what else would look good.

Exactly, My son has a S281 wing and it looks lost compared to this one. The pic's don't do it justice at all..in person they are pretty sweet. With your 315's it would look awesome! It need's tires to look right. When the car is going down the road it look's incredible. It's really hard to get it right in a pic.

I had Steve Saleen sign #58 this last summer and when he saw it he commented first thing on the wing....I asked why they went from the double stack wing and he said that they outlawed the double so they came up with this because they needed downforce, he said it worked because they won the championship that year!:D I don't think the 281 wing really has much downforce at all.

Some more pic's of the wing
clone2.jpg

clone.jpg

At what speeds is downforce mAde?

Not sure...I would think it would really start to be effective at triple digit speeds....but it would be alot more than most wings even at lesser speeds. Last fall I went down a road @60mph when the leaves were falling it was kinda cool watching them fly off the back of the car up high from the wing.

That's the one I got!
The shot on the Ebay ad of the 2 red S351's in the garage are mine. I just took it off the jackstands after putting 14" Alcon's up front and 13" rear. The car is sitting WAY UP HIGH in the pic. It needed to be driven. It looks terrible..like a 4X4 in the pic!

The last close up pic of the left rear is my car also.:nice:

Adam, If you can get that wing for $150 if the ad comes back up I would go for it! I'll buy it off you if you don't want it!

Here is the link to the SVT site where they got a thread going and a group buy on them. They had on original for a mold and Tiger Racing made about 15 of them.

They are all gone. The link for the last page show's one that the guy never installed and is trying to sell...I think thats the one on EBAY now.

So if you were thinking of getting one this may be your only chance. I personally have never seen one for sale anywhere else.

Where can I find this?!?!?!?! - Page 27 - SVTPerformance

i did see that those pics were of your car. your car is the only one that i've ever actually seen that wing on.

Yeah I have never seen another one in person. They were on the Saleen Race cars but then they switched to other wings so not many were made. I'm guessing but there are probably not more than a couple dozen originals at most.

You won't show up some place and see another car with one, that's for sure.
What else is cool is it actually has some Racing history with a Championship!

I saw one back in 1998 on one of their race cars at a open track day in Seattle with the Mustang club. The car was so Nasty out on the course with everyone else in their street cars......I knew then that if I ever got a Saleen I would have to have one!