Saleen wing or not?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
View attachment 59558 Picked up a true Saleen wing a couple of months ago. Had some bolts broken off in it and will take a bit of work to get pristine again. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Unfortunately the picks are not that great. Let me know what you think. Oh, my drag springs settled. Looks like I am coming off the line while parked.

• Sponsors (?)

Car looks good with it.

I like the Saleen wing. I have it on my LX. However, next time around when i paint my car, i'm going back to stock. I have a Cobra grill insert i have held off of installing for the same reason. I kinda want to go back to the stock LX look with my car.

I bought my GT and it had a saleen wing on it. Was a little too "whale-taily" for me so I swapped it for a regular GT style. Maybe it was just the color of my car that made it not look good for me

If it rains, small children can swim in the water it collects :D

I like them on hatch LX's regardless of color :nice:

My driveway is at a slight angle. One day after raining during the night, i came out to find birds drinking out of the pool of water in my wing :)

on the flip side, if you park under a tree, it dont collect leaves nearly as bad

plus, if you're working on your car it makes a fantastic place to set the drink of your choice :D

just dont forget its there, not that I've ever done that :rolleyes:

In my younger days, the wing was a perfect place to stop for fast food late at night and hang out and eat with a friend

These days...i won't letanything rest on there.

I never thought about being able to set a burger, fries and a drink on it. I guess I could cut a cup holder into it and finally have one for the car. Its been abused and needs some TLC. Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not. I did think it would tone the hood down a bit, but no such luck. Everytime I look at those photos I want to cut a coil off those drag springs...ugh.

I never thought about being able to set a burger, fries and a drink on it. I guess I could cut a cup holder into it and finally have one for the car. Its been abused and needs some TLC. Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not. I did think it would tone the hood down a bit, but no such luck. Everytime I look at those photos I want to cut a coil off those drag springs...ugh.

I had the saleen wing (see it leaning up against the wall on the left) and I yanked it for the GT

off the subject, got bored (furlough at work) and slapped these cheesegraters on and I cant decide if I like them or not :shrug: didnt want to paint them though because they're mint and in case I wanted to sell them

View attachment 246669

Saleen wing is lame. Pretty much all wings are unless stock.

That's a pretty broad statement, gotta differ with ya there

24305d1172249238-saleen-wing-cowl-hood-pictures-cimg1579.jpg

:nice: