Scored A Ford Racing Driveshaft

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
After searching 4 different pick and pull yard for AWD Areostars, I only found one. Unfortunatly it was on the other side already and probably hours away from the squasher. It was buried so deep I didnt bother asking them to dig it out. Here's that sad soul.

photo16.jpg

Luckily, Craigslist came through for me and I scored a very nice condition 28 spline Ford Racing unit for $125.

photo18.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

After searching 4 different pick and pull yard for AWD Areostars, I only found one. Unfortunatly it was on the other side already and probably hours away from the squasher. It was buried so deep I didnt bother asking them to dig it out. Here's that sad soul.

photo16.jpg

Luckily, Craigslist came through for me and I scored a very nice condition 28 spline Ford Racing unit for $125.

photo18.jpg

So that's what it's come to? :( I paid that for mine when it was new. Many years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never had any success with junkyard drive shafts. Lots of yards like to throw around the vehicles with fork lifts and the drives hafts are almost exclusively tweaked as a result.

Yes, that was one of my concerns during all the searching. The time was not wasted though. My son and I bonded well while combing through everything.

Reactions: 1 users
I always thought the Aerostar driveshaft was a little bigger in OD as well?

I bought my ford racing driveshaft YEARS ago. Think I paid $100 or so from summit. It then proceeded to sit in a box for the better part of a decade before I finally installed it in 2010.

Whatever mustang parts are sold now are going up in price. I almost feel like I should bought a warehouse full, sat on them and released them now.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm
COOL! i thought that was an AA county map. im in the bel air area

I'm in Severna Park. The Cordoba picture was taken at Crazy Rays in Jessup.

So I bet you frequent Cecil County Dragstrip? I do Capitol Raceway and one of my Stang acquaintances likes 75/80.