• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

SCT Xcalibrator for 08 GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter bids96gt
  • Start date Start date Jul 22, 2008
B

bids96gt

New Member
Mar 20, 2002
31
0
0
NEPA
Jul 22, 2008
#1
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #1
Hey,
First off I haven't been on here in a few years after selling my 96 GT off, but recently bought a new 08 GT. I love it, these new body styles are incredible compared to the older cars.

Now on to my question. I can get a SCT Xcalibrator for next to nothing. I'm a little skeptical about it though after researching it I see it has no display screen and the XCal 2 and 3 do. How hard is this thing to use? I would plan on some mail order tunes from bama, brenspeed, etc. And I have a superchips tuner on my truck so I am familiar with using one, just not one without a display.

So my questions basically are:
Is this something easy to use?
Is it a good deal for about $40-50?

I figure I can also then get an intake before the tunes and end up saving a couple hundred dollars for something else down the road.

Any advice or experiences you guys could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
2016 GT, Cold Air/Tune Trouble (overheating) . Advice/Help Please!
  • GLStang
  • Sep 6, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
1
Views
416
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
E
Nightmare after tune install!
  • EnemyofTyranny
  • Mar 29, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
465
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 12, 2025
89ripper
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Yesterday at 5:48 PM
from6to8
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?