Sell my car back to the guy who sold it to me?? Take a look....

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
Last sept. I was on Corral and found a good deal on a S/C cobra with 68,000 miles on it. He wanted $9500. So i went up on a Saturday to look at the thing and didnt bring any money with me cause i wasnt sure what i was going to do... Got there and the car was really in amazing condition, took it for a drive and not one problem whatsoever... I told him i would take it but didnt have the money so i told him to hold it and id come back next week....

Got back there next week with the check and took the car... car now had about 500-600 more miles on it than last week.... drove the car home and took it easy. Got home and within 4 days the tranny went out (kept getting stuck in gears) Got the tranny fixed only to find within another week or so that i had a horrible knock and that i had no oil pressure....Bearings were going out.... I took the engine apart to find this.........

2 cracked pistons

piston8.jpg

piston7.jpg

EVERY main bearing in the motor almost was Shot

IM001842.jpg

IM001841.jpg

IM001845.jpg

Now after i have put in a new 306 with forged pistons, new cam, new tranny, meth inj, msd boost retard, fuel pressure regulator, lowered it, new rims and tires....the list goes on.... i have about $12,500 invested
Now he wants to buy it back for $13,000
Should i let him have it? :shrug:

Attachments

• piston8.jpg
    piston8.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 84
  • piston7.jpg
    piston7.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IM001842.jpg
    IM001842.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IM001841.jpg
    IM001841.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IM001845.jpg
    IM001845.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Sponsors (?)

THE CAR

IM001720.jpg

This is kinda what the engine looks like now.... the Bay is cleaner because i had the engine out since this pic, and i have some diffrent things dressed up, but you get the idea

IM001792.jpg

Attachments

• IM001720.jpg
    IM001720.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IM001792.jpg
    IM001792.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 84
Screw that, I wouldn't let him have it back. You took something that he obviously wanted rid of and made it better/fixed what was wrong and now he wants it back... he wouldn't get it back from me if it was mine. I don't know for sure but it sounds like he either had problems with it that he either could not fix, or did not want to fix and unloaded the car... now that you sorted through all of the headaches and got it running in tip top shape he wants it back again??? I'd tell him how much I have bonded with the car fixing everything and that I could not part with it. It looks too good anyway to get rid of. I love YOUR car!

Killercanary said:
Screw that, I wouldn't let him have it back. You took something that he obviously wanted rid of and made it better/fixed what was wrong and now he wants it back... he wouldn't get it back from me if it was mine. I don't know for sure but it sounds like he either had problems with it that he either could not fix, or did not want to fix and unloaded the car... now that you sorted through all of the headaches and got it running in tip top shape he wants it back again??? I'd tell him how much I have bonded with the car fixing everything and that I could not part with it. It looks too good anyway to get rid of. I love YOUR car!
what he said....:nice:

Don't offer that guy anything under $20K for the car.

Not only did you fix everything, but you fixed it with NEW parts which apparently work very well together. You'd be better off enjoying the car yourself and showing it off. If you need the sell it for financial reasons, consider selling it to someone who will take better care of it.

Actually, I'd drive it around a bit and let him see it a few times. I'd even take him for a ride in it and "rub it in his face" a little bit. Make him suffer! :)

Awesome looking car!

Everyone else has pretty much said the same thing.
KEEP IT!
Your car is really nice, not only to look (which is all we can really tell) but to drive (what you can tell us). I have pics of your car on my computer because I like the way it looks so much.

Mike, if you really want to sell it make sure you come out ahead. Make out like a bastard start a new project and go even further with it. If you dont want any more headaches get enough money to get an 03/04 cobra do a few mods when the money comes around and be done with it.
I still say KEEP IT, the thing is sick!
-fawcett

I agree with other 80 people who said keep it. I think your car is one of the best looking SN95s on the forum. If you could really use the money, make sure you are gonna make at least a couple grand on it. 500 bucks is NOT worth all the labor you put into it. Tell the guy to stick it.

Mike, I've been following your progress over the past while, and without a doubt this car is one of the best looking and meanest cars on this board...I wouldn't sell it if the guy offered 20 thousand bucks for it. Keep it and reap the benefits of having a car that anyone on here would be proud to own

i really dont need the money... the car is paid off and i have a good job... he just offered me more than i had into it and it seemed reasonable....
btw the car now has 71,344 miles on it, and under 1000 on the new engine :nice: