should I buy an old used SN paxton?

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
found a local deal on an older model paxton, pretty sure its one of the SN models. its selfcontained. he has the whole kit, i think he said its polished. and has some extra pullies and i may get some 24 lb injectors with it, he said he would take 1250$ for it all.

i am not too sure. i have been reading around and people say the older models arent as good. i may just get a new novi 1k or vortech.

just seeing how the older paxtons are. if anyone has any

• Sponsors (?)

I have an SN89 on my 89 LX and its nice. Its not gonna snap your neck back but with an E cam, GT40 intake and stock heads, it got the car into the low 12's making 5-6 lbs.

www.superchargerhelp.com

I've been looking at them as well. Apparently they are great on mildly modded foxes but they leave little to no room for growth. Good if 5-6lbs is all you'll ever think you want.

Take the head unit and turn the pully. It should take some effort but it should feel smooth. Any noises or notchy feelings means it needs to be rebuilt. Gonna cost you about 400-700 or you can do it yourself.

Supposedly, if you don't spin them out of their intended rpm range and you change the atf in them regularly, they last awhile.

I love mine but, it was a nighmare trying to get the "complete kit" installed. Any kit you buy used will be missing parts!
There is a shop...paradise wheels in CA that stocks all the parts. Keep the boost low and make sure you upgrade your fuel pump. Get a good tune...check you plugs gap and temp. I would strongly recomend getting bigger injectors and loosing the stupid FMU.....

If you have people who can help and allot of patients get the kit, if not buy new!