Should I mod my Foxbody

Stock vs Upgrade

• Total voters
Problem with modding (well not really) is the domino effect, one mod leads to other supporting mods.
More power means stiffer chassis, better suspension, better brakes, tuning, etc.
You could head down the rabbit hole pretty quickly, ask me how I know lol.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd go ahead and modify it.
Just use all high quality parts. No cheap junk.
Keep it clean and leak free.
Stick to MM for suspension, do big brakes.
No gt40p junk.

You already tore it apart for painting, in the eye's of a hard core collector it's never going to be original again since the paint isn't.

Reactions: 1 user
Done without hacking and nothing you cant undo is what I did..or have been doing, as mentioned one thing leads to another, I have been a hot rodder my whole life so it's hard to leave things alone.
20181219_200608.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
One recommendation, and it can't be undone, is subframe connectors. But they will stiffen up the chassis and protect it better in the long run.

Reactions: 1 user
Just a quick update for anyone interested.
I decided to retain the 4 lug setup and eventually do 93 cobra rear disc brakes. I put some 17” 4 lug wheels on the car and replaced all the moldings and trim.
I’m now considering doing the corbeau interior package from LMR and doing a solid black interior. Also, trying to decide if I want lowering springs or a coil over kit.Thank you guys for your advice! Sry for the crappy pic ... it’s the most recent picture of the car
6721A4AA-5967-4E93-B385-0B5914982622.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Car looks great. So you now have an '87 LX hatch, bone stock with 57000 miles on it, no rust and new paint. That's got to be worth cash to a lot of people. Or I'll bet you could find someone with a well built modded mustang who'd like a stock one better. Find one built the way you want and trade. Just a thought. Not many left that are 32 years old, low miles, and stock, especially a speed density one. Did you know the speed density ones are supposed to be faster than a mass air car bone stock (SD runs a bit leaner). I've owned my '89 LX hatch since 1997 and it was bone stock with the same miles on it then. I've changed almost everything on that car since but I still have all my original parts, even the air silencer. I'm not sure if I'd do it again. Older and wiser it seems better to buy them built and save the time and money. Your car, your choice; either way I'm jealous, I'd love to have a stock speed density mustang. Bone stock my car would idle up a mountain when you got the clutch out in first, try that with an E303 in your car.