Single Exhaust Magnaflow or MRT Aeroturbine

nweatherby

Apr 3, 2007
Okay guys I just bought a 2007 Mustang and I am looking at replacing the exhaust and I was wondering what the thoughts are between the Magnaflow vs the MRT axle-back exhausts. I use this car as my daily drive (mostly highway) and am looking for a good strong exhaust that won't drown out my radio if I turn it up and give me a decent performance gain. I have also looked at the edelbrock, Steeda, FRPP, and Borla which I think the last 3 are all the same made by Borla. I know exhaust is a tricky question as there are many options but at this point I am mainly interested in axle-back systems that won't require reprogramming the CPU.

• Sponsors (?)

I replaced my stock with a Magnaflow Muff. No performance gains just a very very sweet rumble. Enough that I get several comments on the "ballsy" sound but yet, and fast highway speeds, there is not alot of drone. You can definitely still hear it and actually since I upgraded my wheels to 17", I swear I feel more rumble under me now..butI do understand the GT takeoff's may be better. I wish I would have known that before I got my magnaflow and my old muff was axed off. UGH! Good luck!

I bought a Pypes Violator from Brenspeed. I was worried it would be too loud and have a drone in the cabin. But it does not, I love the sound. I get lots of comments with many people asking me if I have a V8. Of which I have to answer; "heck no, I want my car to go fast AND turn". And the price was right from Brenspeed. And it came with a free 'Blow it out your Pypes" t-shirt. I'm very happy with it, and the guys from Brenspeed were very, very helpful. Answering all my questions before I spent my measly $129 shipped. :nice: