Single-Key System for the LX Please help me find.

• Sponsors (?)

PPI was pretty much the big source for those. They're pretty rare since the single-key lock set was an option on the SSP Mustangs only. They occasionally pop up on eBay, but be prepared to pay BIG bucks !!

If you don't mind just having just the ignition and doors with the same key, you can go to a bone yard and pull the lock set off of a late-80s to early-90s Crown Vic or LTD police package car -- the lock mechanisms should be the same. Only the trunk lock was completely specific to the Mustang.

just add keyless entry with trunk pop :-D

kits $50 from your local autozone, have about $10 in relays, and then some misc electrical connections.

The last time this subject came up we were all discussing whether or not you could take your locks out and take them to a lock smith and have him repin your locks to match another key...like the ignition maybe. It's probably possible, and it would be less than that crazy $400 set crap.

I've had locks rekeyed(ignition and door) for my '67 Dodge as I couldn't find a matched set with a key so I took both doors and ignition down and had them match them. Worked great and wouldn't open with the "wrong" keys from before. I think I spent maybe $50 for all three.

Well i actually just got a set of locks from a buddy of mine and i'm going to take them to a lock smith and see if he can repin the doors and trunk to the ignition key. I'll let everyone know about price and if it can be done when i find out.

there is a single key set up on ebay for a 90 crown vic. i dunno if the ign would work in out car tho