smoothed engine bay I painted for my buddy

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
my buddy filled the holes in his bay and hired me to prime and paint it base coat clear coat twilight blue.... im no pro, i started out years ago painting farm equipment.
Painted some cars with single stage paint over the years and couple years ago I painted a motor cycle with base coat clear coat... nothing since then untill now.

The plan is I am going to shoot the whole car later this summer.

Nothing has been wet sanded yet

sorry the pics are kinda crappy

View attachment 192742

View attachment 192743

View attachment 192744

View attachment 192745

View attachment 192746

View attachment 192747

View attachment 192748

View attachment 192749

View attachment 192750

View attachment 192751

View attachment 192752

View attachment 192753

• Sponsors (?)

While we're on the topic, whats the easiest way to fill the holes? Do you guys put sheet metal behind the holes to weld to? And then just bondo over the weld after your grind them? Wouldnt the bondo crack over time? I fiberglassed mine with epoxy resin...which is hard as heck...but i think it will still crack down the road.

My buddy used a mig welder and welded the holes closed big hole he put sheet metal behind and welded it in. He used the bond glass which has fiberglass in it to smooth it. Then I sprayed a sealer followed by highbuild primer he sanded the primer smooth I sealed it again. Wet sanded that and cleaned it up then **** base let it dry then cleared it. He told me he started wet sanding and buffing on the hood and it's looking really good.