• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Sn-95 Shelbys?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JuntaKharr
  • Start date Start date Oct 2, 2017
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#41
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #41
Once I have the car, I can use it to get back and forth to my work, and make the money needed to make it the way I want it. I'd rather cut up a wrecked v6 than a pristine or even fair condition GT.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#42
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #42
JuntaKharr said:
Because. It's a perfect situation sort of deal. I don't have the funds currently to go buy a mustang, or any car. I have a boat to trade. This guy has the mustang and is looking for a boat to trade for. And if I'm eventually going to be cutting on it and making it different, I'd rather do it to a car that already needs the parts, and save some American steel in the process. It runs and drives as it is. That's what I need. And, it's a base for me to jump into modifying and making it my own.
Click to expand...

You do know that this will cost more than purchasing one in good shape, right?
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#43
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #43
...and that once you're done, it will not be worth what you have into it.
 
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#44
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #44
Wether I got one in good shape or this ine, the modifications would still be the same. I can get a fender and door and hood super cheap right now. The only truly expensive part is the motor. I'm basically getting this car in exchange for a $6-700 boat. There is no way I can beat that. Right now. And if I got the 4.6 I would still want to do the coyote 5.0 swap.
I couldn't care less about the monetary value of it in the end. And im not planning on pulling the car in and doing the swap that week, or even month. Maybe not even that year. It's a long term goal, and I'm not really spending any money on the actual car itself. That already puts me ahead of where I'd be if I had to pay $1200+ for one in good shape.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#45
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #45
You might want to subscribe to this thread as it will be very similar to yours for the engine swap:

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...oosted-coyote-swap-build.900417/#post-9077545
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 3, 2017
#46
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #46
Noobz347 said:
You might want to subscribe to this thread as it will be very similar to yours for the engine swap:

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...oosted-coyote-swap-build.900417/#post-9077545
Click to expand...

Will do. I appreciate it.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Oct 3, 2017
#47
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #47
Noobz347 said:
Why the Coyote swap?



Oh and...



Not sure how I feel about that... Look like it's trying to be a Pontiac.
Click to expand...
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Oct 3, 2017
#48
  • Oct 3, 2017
  • #48
I think he likes it.
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Oct 4, 2017
#49
  • Oct 4, 2017
  • #49
From what I can see it looks pretty rust free, a definite bonus.
 
Reactions: JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 4, 2017
#50
  • Oct 4, 2017
  • #50
Neuron said:
From what I can see it looks pretty rust free, a definite bonus.
Click to expand...

Yeah. Rust free, frame is in good condition, mechanically it's sound. All it really needs is cosmetic help.
 
Reactions: Neuron

TangStang

Member
Sep 26, 2003
8
4
13
Oct 7, 2017
#51
  • Oct 7, 2017
  • #51
I turned my '96 GT into a Cobra Terminator
 

Attachments

  • 2016-09-03_12.51.32.webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Neuron, Davedacarpainter and JuntaKharr
J

JuntaKharr

Active User
Sep 29, 2017
28
6
13
Oct 7, 2017
#52
  • Oct 7, 2017
  • #52
TangStang said:
I turned my '96 GT into a Cobra Terminator
Click to expand...
That's beautiful.
I love seeing supercharger under a hood. I've been looking at the Whipple supercharger for the 5.0.

And I like that orange. The stripes are gonna be orange on mine I think.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

How do we feel about first gen fuel caps?
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
4
Views
422
Mustang Sound & Shine All May 3, 2026
General karthief
B
Fog horn sound
  • brandon4v
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
90
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2026
squeak93
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
288
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
J
98 mustang gt carbon fiber
  • jay99914
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
159
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
jay99914
J
Anyone used a Onegauge?
  • revhead347
  • Sep 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
223
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 3, 2025
revhead347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?