Fox Sn95 K Member Into Fox

jdviper6

Mar 5, 2011
Kenosha,WI
I'm sure this has been touched on before. I just picked up a complete 1997 GT front and rear end.

What is involved into getting this stuff onto my 88 Fox?
2016-10-01 (1).jpg
2016-10-01.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Rear end will pretty much swap in. You'll need to install the brake like from your fox on the axle and add 94/95 rear soft lines.

Up front, the sn95 suspension is much wider. You really don't want the k member, control arms and struts. All you want are spindles and brakes. Everything else can go on CL.

For master cylinder, a 94-95 GT/v6 is what you want for that brake combo, with matching booster, or 93cobra booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear end will pretty much swap in. You'll need to install the brake like from your fox on the axle and add 94/95 rear soft lines.

Up front, the sn95 suspension is much wider. You really don't want the k member, control arms and struts. All you want are spindles and brakes. Everything else can go on CL.

For master cylinder, a 94-95 GT/v6 is what you want for that brake combo, with matching booster, or 93cobra booster.

I have read that I might need shorter axles, is this true? This axle does have ABS tone rings.

I have read that 96+ spindles will cause bump steer, withthe FOX K member and rack. Can I swap the fox A arms to the SN95 kmember? that should eliminate the bump steer, will it not. If not I think I can deal with the bump steer

I have read that 96+ spindles will cause bump steer, withthe FOX K member and rack. Can I swap the fox A arms to the SN95 kmember? that should eliminate the bump steer, will it not. If not I think I can deal with the bump steer

What are you ultimately trying to do? Why swap the mm ember?

In that case, yes, you need to swap to fox lengyt 5-lug axles and buy the north race cars brackets for a GT/v6

Up front, eBay the 96+ spindles and buy 94-95.

Kmember is the same really. Not sure why you'd bother to swap. Sn95 control arms are longer, so those are useless. Really the only thing useful up front are the calipers, as if prob just buy new rotors

You can use the front control arms but you have to get camber bolts. They go in the lower bolt hole of both struts. You'll also need camber caster plates. Without them you won't have enough adjustment for camber. The front wheels will stick out as far as the rear- you'll need about a 40mm offset wheel all the way around.

The spindles can be used with a bump steer kit and offset rack bushings. The arm on the 97 is bent upward causing the tie rod end to be raised an inch. The rack bushings raise the rack about a half an inch...the bump steer kit raises it the rest of the way so you can adjust out bump steer.

Not sure about that kmember. I'm pretty sure you can't use it....unless you want to run a 4.6 or mod motor ?

A lot of people swap all kinds of parts with our cars. I've got an IRS and just switched back to 94 spindles.

The advise above is solid about the brake stuff. If you can grab a set of front 98?+ dual piston PBR calipers and brackets it would be nicer.

The axle will work but you'll have to run the above stated offset. The good thing about it is that a lot of wheels aren't made in the fox offset anymore. I ran 05 factory 17 inch torque thrust wheels 45mm offset.

Great score man !

After reading all of the above comments, I'm starting to have concern that my wheels wont fit. I guess it isn't the end of the world if they don't.

Item specifics
Condition: New Brand:
Wheel Replicas
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 Manufacturer Part Number:
45479653 & 45471653
Hub Bore: 70.6 Rim Material: Alloy
Rim Structure: One Piece Rim Width: 9 &10.5
Color:
anthracite with mirror lip
Rim Diameter: 17
Quantity: 4 wheels Offset: +24mm & +27mm
Rim Brand: Wheel Replicas Number of Bolts: 5

After reading all of the above comments, I'm starting to have concern that my wheels wont fit. I guess it isn't the end of the world if they don't.

Item specifics
Condition: New Brand:
Wheel Replicas
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 Manufacturer Part Number:
45479653 & 45471653
Hub Bore: 70.6 Rim Material: Alloy
Rim Structure: One Piece Rim Width: 9 &10.5
Color:
anthracite with mirror lip
Rim Diameter: 18
Quantity: 4 wheels Offset: +24mm & +27mm
Rim Brand: Wheel Replicas Number of Bolts: 5

In that case, no those wheels won't work with the axle as is. You'll need to modify it with different axle brackets, and 5-lug axles that are fox body length

http://www.northracecars.com/Brakes.html

The brackets are there, and you can try and source the correct 5-lug axle cheaper. You'll also need 94-95 mustang rear soft lines, and transfer your hard line from your 7.5" axle over to this. You'll need different e-brake hardware as well, from handle back.

In that case, no those wheels won't work with the axle as is. You'll need to modify it with different axle brackets, and 5-lug axles that are fox body length

http://www.northracecars.com/Brakes.html

The brackets are there, and you can try and source the correct 5-lug axle cheaper. You'll also need 94-95 mustang rear soft lines, and transfer your hard line from your 7.5" axle over to this. You'll need different e-brake hardware as well, from handle back.

If I do get 94-95 axles will the wheels clear the fender lip or do you think I will still have to do some fender rolling?

Also, if it is true that the bolt holes on the fox 4 banger K member are in closer, does this help me at all?

Last edited: