SN95 suspension

I just bought an '87 lx and it's pretty beat i was wondering what all it takes to put an sn95 suspension setup in it, is it worth it? I've heard it can give you a wider track width, if so, how much wider? and how available are parts? im looking to upgrade to a 3.55 diff ratio, can anyone help me?

• Sponsors (?)

There are only minor differences between the Sn95 and Fox suspension. Most of the parts are somewhat interchangeable with minor differences. Those differences don't justify the extra effort to use Sn95 parts over fox parts, so stick with Fox parts. Springs will interchange, shocks/struts, control arms, etc.

The parts that give the Sn95 the wider suspension are the front control arms (3/4" longer) and the rear disk brakes which add 3/4" each side to clear the ABS tone rings.

With the front control arms, adding that extra 3/4" usually translates to extreme camber because the top strout mounts cannot move out far enough to compensate. Out back, the wider leads leads to wheel fitment issues.

What is our goal in mind here?

There are only minor differences between the Sn95 and Fox suspension. Most of the parts are somewhat interchangeable with minor differences. Those differences don't justify the extra effort to use Sn95 parts over fox parts, so stick with Fox parts. Springs will interchange, shocks/struts, control arms, etc.

The parts that give the Sn95 the wider suspension are the front control arms (3/4" longer) and the rear disk brakes which add 3/4" each side to clear the ABS tone rings.

With the front control arms, adding that extra 3/4" usually translates to extreme camber because the top strout mounts cannot move out far enough to compensate. Out back, the wider leads leads to wheel fitment issues.

What is our goal in mind here?
Our goal is a build that can haul ass and look sick at doing it

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
With the front control arms, adding that extra 3/4" usually translates to extreme camber because the top strut mounts cannot move out far enough to compensate.

I had the same issue on my 94 Cobra clone, though I have the 03/04 Cobra front control arms which adds another 3/4" over stock. I fixed it with an adjustable camber bolt on each side; replace the top bolt where the shock attaches to the spindle, and adjust it out the maximum amount. That's all I needed to get my camber back in line and I have no problems getting a front alignment within specs. Had them in for more than a decade now, no issues.

There are plenty of these adjustable camber bolts available, just search Google for 'camber bolt mustang'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user