so, anyone else got cool stories.......

MI95Cobra

Aug 20, 2006
Oklahoma City
well anyway i was suppose to be at work at 7am this morning and went to bed at 11pm last night....i wass woken up by a call at 1 am from my night clerk saying he was sick....i reponded for him to call the new manager its her job to cover the shift...well 30 mins later i get woken up again by a call from the manager....she then claimed that she was sick and asked if i would go in and get over time.....so i got there at 3am....i found out later from my wife(she also works at a local 7 eleven) that my manager had went into her store and bought beer.....i was like wtf...you got drunk and your sick.....:nono: so basically i'm on no sleep and trying to stay awake on valentines day for the quality time with my wife....:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I got a call once...actually this kinda stuff happens to me all the time, but this instance, got called at 8am on a sat, "pack you stuff and get to charleston by 4 this afternoon, you can hitch a ride with the truck driver or rent a car" Had to go to Spain to change an engine on one of our planes. I droce down there and caught a hop to Rota Naval Air Station, Spain. Got there Sunday night, looked at the plane to fix, kinda neat to see..the gearbox exploded, imagine your transmission exploding only half of it being left. Well, changed the engine on Monday, finshed it all up on tuesday morning, got the plane outta there on its way to Kuwait by tuesday night. So I call back, and am told to hang out for a few days next flight going back to charleston is friday night, just check in every 24 hours. It was summertime, rota is a beach town, spanish girls are HOT. good time...then my ride for friday doesn't show up, so I'm told to go to this place called Moron, in spain. I can get there no problem, just gotta get the $XX,XXX tools, and broke airplane engine up there to. Nightmare, but I got there. Spent a week up there, another cool town, and the hotel they put me up in was in the heart of it. And I made about 1000 bucks extra after it was all over. I've done trips like that all over the world, in fact had to go back to Rota a few months after that to change a prop, wound up being another 2 week affair
I love my job, Spain is awesome, too.

Sounds awesome Hef, mind me asking what you do?

That was when I was an engine mechanic for the Air Force. I'm a Flight Enginner now...on the same planes I wrenched on. Instead of only going when they're broke, I'll be on them when they break...and they break alot. I recently graduated from the FE school, only been doing it for two months. As much as I loved wrenching on planes, this new job blows the maintenance side away...in my opinion of job satisfaction. There are alot of good stories, but bad along with it. I got called to go into Afghanistan one night, to change another engine. Everything went wrong with the plane (my engine change was spot on perfect), for instacne aftergetting everything done, we took off and the landing gear would not retract. We had to boomerang and land again. Gear down is a good thng, but not when you're loaded up with cargo and fuel and trying to clear montains at night. After we got parked i stayed out to put the plane to bed, then we got attacked. I jumped in a ditch, smoked a cigar with a russion pilot and a NY air national guardsmen, and saw a wonderful display of mortar fire, and listended to a fire fight, prolly within 1/4 mile of my location. Props to the Army/Marine guys who do that stuff!
But, in some weird way, that falls under my definiton of having a cool job.

well here's another one :flag: .....i had to work this morning and was informed that i had a 1 on 1 meeting with my supervisor( the b**ch that hates me:nice: ) so before the meeting a few things went through my head....see the only time a person gets called to the office to see a supervisor is to either get transfered, fired, or a scolding for something...well actuallyi got the scolding and then demoted and still transfered....see i live 20 miles from my current store and the store i'm being transfered to is now over 35 miles away...ohh well i'm quiting in 6 weeks.....:SNSign:

a1 on 1 eh............................I might be inclined to resign because "my manager who has been making sexual passes at me grabbed my P P............."

just can't take the pressure of working with her...:shrug:
may have to seek an attorney...:shrug:

hang in there.............take the new job...............and don't look back...

well anyway i was suppose to be at work at 7am this morning and went to bed at 11pm last night....i wass woken up by a call at 1 am from my night clerk saying he was sick....i reponded for him to call the new manager its her job to cover the shift...well 30 mins later i get woken up again by a call from the manager....she then claimed that she was sick and asked if i would go in and get over time.....so i got there at 3am....i found out later from my wife(she also works at a local 7 eleven) that my manager had went into her store and bought beer.....i was like wtf...you got drunk and your sick.....:nono: so basically i'm on no sleep and trying to stay awake on valentines day for the quality time with my wife....:nice:

After seeing your other thread, you should have told the new manager "TOUGH ****ING LUCK, BITCH!" and hung up on her.

I worked as a server threw college and at one time had 2 serving gigs...well one was a server/driver at a pizza place and the other was at a chevy's fresh mex rest. The assistant mngr at the chevys was one of those take sides people....the people he liked he hung out with and those he didnt did everything wrong. I just ignored him mostly as the store manger was the one I worked with 99% of the time.

The assistant mngr started doing the sched. and over a 3 week time my hours started getting moved ALL over the place 2hrs early (when I was IN class still and that was on my avail.) or 2-3hrs later than normal...mind you I only worked there Wed., Fri., and Sat. and to come into a serving job at 7pm instead of 5pm is WORTHLESS unless you were closing (I was a co-closer or late on Sat. and every blue moon Fri.) The nites I was supposed to come in at 7pm I would be off at 9-10...just enough to get the 2hr min.

No biggie really as I did have another job. However, the asst. mngr started chainging my sched. after it was posted and I checked my sched. the day it was posted. I mean the guy did it in blue ink over a black ink sched. and would say "I didnt change it" when he was the ONLY person doing the sched.

Long story short I got a nasty phone call one Fri. after I was getting out of a class that I was LATE (again I was just GETTING OUT of class). I went home pissed and got my stuff together and left. I got to work and he just started giving me a "******* your late" look...I just laughed and went in and quit to the manager in the office and turned in my uniform. I walked out and just looked at the mnger and went back to the employees and talke with them for a few min. laughing and saying goodby. I still hang around some of the servers and it turned out I was "the guy" who came in late for his shift to quit :rlaugh: .

The best part is that the assistant was fired about a month or two later as he threw a stink for not getting a new store...the other managers didnt like him :rlaugh: .

I have some CRAZY stories though from the Pizza place....from putting a honda in the empty dumptser bin (6 of us picked it up and moved it while the owner was inside (we did know the owner). To heating up n2o bottles in the sinks/cooling thim to fill in the walk in. Hosing down the parking lot in winter to take rental cars around the frozen parking lot...the manger came in and busted his arse the next morning and cut the hose down to 2ft...so we did it again with another hose:rlaugh: . One time the manger told us to clean the phones...so me and another guy put the phones threw the dishwasher:rlaugh: ...tons of stuff like that.