So I came across a deal on some springs...

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
I currently have the setup in sig, but I would like for a stiffer ride and a buddy has a set collecting dust, it is an Eibach Road Race Spring, just like this

79-04 ROAD RACE SPRING KIT MUSTANG

So, my question is will a convertible feel a less drastic difference than a coupe with these springs installed? Or will the rear feel more bouncy? My stance currently is slightly raked, but I would like a more even feel, and I like stiff rides...

Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know too much, but I have been spending A LOT of time researching springs/struts/springs lately.....so don't just go by my word alone...

But, from what I can tell the Vogtland springs are a little cheaper side (which isn't necessarily bad); but if they are too soft for you....so it is time to move on.

The Eibach springs look extremely rough(ride wise) comparably; 702/850 front springs(stock is 450) and 199/257 on the rear(stock 200/300 for the coupe)

So, from just the numbers, it seems like the eibach's will give you a MUCH more stiff of a ride... and probably with a reverse rake look (your stang is a convertible); since the rears are lower lb/in than a stock coupe GT and I'm not sure about the convertible, but I would guess that you would need higher than the stock(coupe) springs(LB/IN) in the rear:shrug:

So, if you do want the stiffer/harsher ride, then it looks like they are the springs for you....if you can get a good deal for them.....But I have no idea how it is going to look, my guess would be a MUCH harder ride than you want, and a reverse rake look :scratch:

But, than again, I'm a "newbie" to this, so let some more of the experienced guys give you some more info before you choose; either way, good luck bro:nice:

Cheers,

**** springs.

cost me over a grand before I was happy with my stance. ended up with steeda sports but had to cut a ring off the front to get the stance where I wanted it. and its not as low as you would think.

I wouldn't buy eibach again but my only try with those was with the eibach sports and they were really bouncy and the front was too low. way too low.