So i have came across a svo

striped3.8

Jan 2, 2007
Its beyond repair, rear end is gone and interior is gone as well. I dont know if i can get a chance to hear it run but i was thinking about buying it and parting it out. The hood is in decent shape and the engine looks very clean with the intercooler. They want 400 or so, is it worth to buy it and part the rest out? any numbers on parts these days would be great.

chris

• Sponsors (?)

no one here wants you to part it out.... that should go without sayin, but I'll say it. If you buy it, restore it. otherwise, let someone else buy it who will

Somehow I knew this would happen. Isn't it the SVO forums that ban you if you're parting a car out?

I agree that if a car is beyond repair, why not take advantage and offer the parts so that other SVO's can be fixed up.

If I have two really crappy SVO's, would it be the worst thing in the world if I sacraficed one to save the other?

Somehow I knew this would happen. Isn't it the SVO forums that ban you if you're parting a car out?

I agree that if a car is beyond repair, why not take advantage and offer the parts so that other SVO's can be fixed up.

If I have two really crappy SVO's, would it be the worst thing in the world if I sacraficed one to save the other?

Thats exactly what i was thinking. And no i didnt get banned, i think its because after getting my 3.8 i havnt messed around with any 2.3s and havnt posted in forever. If no one shows interest i will just let it sit and rust, no big deal to me, i was just trying to help some people out and make a few bucks at the same time:shrug:

chris

Ha, i dont think you guys understand, it would cost over 10,000 to repair this thing. I posted pics on turboford.org a while back but my screen name isnt working there anymore?:shrug: . You can try and look up my post, my old screen name was 1-slow88-4cyl.

Is is crashed or just missing the rear and interior? If it's not crashed, it's not totalled and it wouldn't take 10 grand to fix...especially if someone already has a few SVO's or better yet, a crashed SVO that they can use to make one good car out of the two.

Can you repost the pics or email them to me? [email protected]

Is is crashed or just missing the rear and interior? If it's not crashed, it's not totalled and it wouldn't take 10 grand to fix...especially if someone already has a few SVO's or better yet, a crashed SVO that they can use to make one good car out of the two.

Can you repost the pics or email them to me? [email protected]

The car is crashed, i will send pics to you though. I start school (college) tomorrow but im heading home to work on my mustang sometime this week, just got a new PI 3500 stall TQ, so i have reason to head home either way. Either way i will get pics to you asap

chris

If it's not crashed, it's not totalled and it wouldn't take 10 grand to fix...especially if someone already has a few SVO's or better yet, a crashed SVO that they can use to make one good car out of the two.

But isn't this thinking just a bit too optimistic?
We all hope these cars get restored, but not everyone that owns them knows, or even cares, about how rare they are. I know of an SVO that's been rotting away at a rundown used car lot in Orlando for over a year now. I can't help but feel that it won't be long before the car heads to the crusher; so IMO parting it out would be the least someone could do, but at least it's doing something.

Sometimes its necessary to part out an SVO to keep Other SVO's on the road. If none ever get parted, then how would you fix the others. I say buy it, and part it. If its not worth fixing, Atleast it can go to help restore other svo's

Dr.

Hey if the car is still there. i say get it and part it and if you do send me a email ([email protected])
i would really like the engine for my mustang II. Where is it at btw? there was a SVO at my local pick n pull that was in good shape i ran home to get the tools to pull the engine when i got back the car was almost completely stripped.

Hey if the car is still there. i say get it and part it and if you do send me a email ([email protected])
i would really like the engine for my mustang II. Where is it at btw? there was a SVO at my local pick n pull that was in good shape i ran home to get the tools to pull the engine when i got back the car was almost completely stripped.

Im from indiana, if people show enough interest i will also be willing to drive the parts to meet half way.

Also, trust me, if i didnt love svo's i would have let it sit there and not worry about it. Back in the day i used to post on this very forum. I had a stock 88 that was the slowest car i have ever been in, ha. I bought a turbo coupe and was planning on swapping the drive train over when my parents told me if i just saved the money and sold everything i would get a 99. At the time i was 18 and they car was only 3 years old so i jumped for it. If this car was repairable it would already be in my garage back home, trust me. I ended up selling the turbo coupe parts to "Courvax" or something like that, im sure all you old school guys remember/know who he is. So when i say i love svo's its legit, i was around when stinger first started his project, i remember all of those problems he had.

chris

The car is crashed, i will send pics to you though. I start school (college) tomorrow but im heading home to work on my mustang sometime this week, just got a new PI 3500 stall TQ, so i have reason to head home either way. Either way i will get pics to you asap

chris

I have sent the files to stinger, hopefully he can post them on here

chris

But isn't this thinking just a bit too optimistic?
We all hope these cars get restored, but not everyone that owns them knows, or even cares, about how rare they are. I know of an SVO that's been rotting away at a rundown used car lot in Orlando for over a year now. I can't help but feel that it won't be long before the car heads to the crusher; so IMO parting it out would be the least someone could do, but at least it's doing something.

Not really...I know of the exact scenario I spelled out happening at least 2 dozen times...those who are dedicated to SVO preservation will go "above and beyond" to save one...even if it takes two "totalled" cars to do so.

Here are the pics of this SVO:
Crash1.jpg

Crash2.jpg

Crash3.jpg

Crash4.jpg

Crash5.jpg

Crash6.jpg

Crash7.jpg

Crash8.jpg

Attachments

• Crash2.jpg
    Crash2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Crash1.jpg
    Crash1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 85
  • Crash4.jpg
    Crash4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Crash3.jpg
    Crash3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Crash5.jpg
    Crash5.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 97
  • Crash6.jpg
    Crash6.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Crash7.jpg
    Crash7.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Crash8.jpg
    Crash8.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 93
Here are the pics of this SVO:
Crash1.jpg

Crash2.jpg

Crash3.jpg

Crash4.jpg

Crash5.jpg

so what do you guys think? if people are willing to buy these parts i will buy this svo asap and start to sell the parts.

EDIT: also by showing interest i will know if i need to get a loan from my parents or bank to buy it. Like i said before im a college student that works at TGI fridays, not to much money to waist around here.

chris

Attachments

• Crash1.jpg
    Crash1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 101
  • Crash2.jpg
    Crash2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Crash4.jpg
    Crash4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Crash3.jpg
    Crash3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Crash5.jpg
    Crash5.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 87
Man, it would take one *serious* bankroll to put that thing back together. Just at a quick glance walking by in a yard I would have been hard pressed to tell that it was a SVO. Except for the hood, most of the distingushing SVO parts look to be long gone. It's too bad.