So I ran my car with straight headers....

a_k

Nov 12, 2004
Saratoga NY
So today i'm driving around and I have a massive exhaust leak, so I take my h pipe off and check it out, tighten the down tubes, and leave the crossover off the prochamber. So i have shorty headers with just the down tubes on. Let me tell you. This thing is loud. I mean crazy. I drove it to taco bell with a few friends and it was ridiculous. It was awesome though. I think im drivning it to graduation rehearsal tommarow (high school) Then i'm going to come back and put it on. We made a few vids they didnt turn out that well but It was pretty badass.

Adam.

• Sponsors (?)

Not good dude. Your going to burn up your heads ,valves in particular. You need high compression to run open headers. You didn't hurt it making a run for the border but you dont wnat to do it again especially with shorties. Put it back on tomarrow morning.

Well if I understood him right, he didn't run just open headers, didn't he have the pipes coming off them too (without the crossover)? I don't think he'll have a problem with that. Even if he did burn up some vavles, shoot, that just gives him a chance to replace his heads! :D

CManT1914 said:
Well if I understood him right, he didn't run just open headers, didn't he have the pipes coming off them too (without the crossover)? I don't think he'll have a problem with that. Even if he did burn up some vavles, shoot, that just gives him a chance to replace his heads! :D

exactly. I ahve the two pipes coming off each side bringing the exhaust under the car without the crossover. yeah haha that would be a good excuse but the only problem is i dont have $1000 right now