So, I'm looking for a 70mm throttle body...

wythors

Get off my lawn!!!
Founding Member
May 17, 2000
C Addle
...for the original Cobra intake that I picked up for my wife's "new" 93. In searching around I found that TFS sells a throttle body that is about $100 less than an Accufab or Edelbrock. I am a big believer in "you get what you pay for", but a lot of stuff on their site is touted as being made in the USA. To make sure, I sent them an email asking simply "where is this throttle body made"? A couple of days later, I got this response from "Ed":

Hello

Well all I can say is we don't manufacture the throttle body and it is proprietary information were it is made. I can say that it does not state made in the USA on the throttle body.

Hope this helps.

Proprietary information? The country of origin has to be on the package by Federal law.

Translation:

Hello

I don't know and I'm too frickin lazy to get up from my desk and go pull the part off the shelf. I really don't care if you buy it anyway.

Hope this helps, now let me get back to Facebook.

Guess I'm buying the Accufab.

• Sponsors (?)

i got a 65mm accufab used from a guy a know and stuck it on my cobra intake, not had any problems other than the small tube on the top of the TB will sometimes come out. Its not welded in so Im guessing that its sposta.

You will not be dissapointed with the Accufab. That response from Trick Flow is pretty sad...

"Proprietary information" so basically, to me, thats saying that the throttle body isnt made in the USA. The consumer deserves to know where a product is made that he/she is spending hard earned money on.

BIG :nice: for buying American made. :flag::flag::flag:

I think more and more, people are starting to notice that "MADE IN CHINA" is better translated into "CHEAP JUNK THAT ISN'T WORTH THE CHEAP PRICE YOU PAY FOR IT". If more people would come to this conclusion and stop buying everything with a credit card and using a second mortgage to pay for the credit card debt, our economy will soar.

Accufab makes OEM look like aftermarket. Need to get another one.

bad idling problems

91 gt fox body. 302 with the following... e303 cam gt40 up&low intake. cone breather. aod trans with shift kit. so far ive replaced the computer, swapped the mass air and the tps and this has not helped so i set my base idle and adjusted the tps... still no change. Put it on solis scanner andgot 2 codes, mass air and FMEM code. im out of ideas and looking for suggestions please and thanks!