Sold My Fox : (

Started house shopping for another house and well...houses are expensive in the oc/southern ca...have to love 900k median home prices : (

So sold my 93 lx with 28k miles on it for 14k.
Next to go will be the 56 but after my dad and i swap the drivetrain into his 56 convertible..
So will just be keeping the Shelby..

Maybe in another 10 years ill be back again..
In the meantime ill just be reading about everyone elses foxes : )

• Sponsors (?)

Started house shopping for another house and well...houses are expensive in the oc/southern ca...have to love 900k median home prices : (

So sold my 93 lx with 28k miles on it for 14k.
Next to go will be the 56 but after my dad and i swap the drivetrain into his 56 convertible..
So will just be keeping the Shelby..

Maybe in another 10 years ill be back again..
In the meantime ill just be reading about everyone elses foxes : )
That sucks man.

I don't know how a person can make it there with those house prices. Damn, that's a bunch of money!

Does $14,000 make that much of a difference? only $166,000 ($51,000 moar then my 3 bed 2 bath "nice" house cost me) until you get to 20% :stick:

But, if you can swing it, then good for you.
:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Oh trust me i cant swing it alone....wife has a really good job too...

Decided it would only be fair if i cut back to 1 car so she cant get house she wants...
First fox i sold was for her engagement ring
Now second is for her house
3rd time a charm right? : ) lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully the 67' GT500 is off limits. You know the same house goes for about $300k+ in other states which is why I moved out of San Diego a few years ago. Just sayin.....

Good luck!

That's unfortunate you're having to sell your toys.

It blows my mind what people pay to live down there. What's the average hourly wage, $60 an hour? Lol has to be at least that to afford that stuff.

I watch those home buying shows and most are in Cali. Last one I saw had a couple looking for their first home with a budget of $850k (good lord) and the first home they looked at was 850 sq ft (like a one bedroom apartment), 2 bed/2 bath, and a 7k sq ft lot and it was $750k. The house wasn't in nice condition either.

I live just north of Portland, oregon in Vancouver, Washington and $400k can get you a brand new 2500+ sq ft house and our market is really high right now. A few months ago I got my second house for $265k on over a quarter acre lot and the house is just over 1700 sq ft. I just don't see how people can possibly afford to live down there.

I just don't see how people can possibly afford to live down there.

Most can't. Few can really afford it and the rest would be homeless if they missed a paycheck. Only things I miss about living in So Cal is surfing, Glamis sand dunes the beautiful tanned half nekid woman walking around everywhere.

$180,000 will get you a 2500 sqft house on an acre in a decent neighborhood around here. Of course the median house hold income is like $45,000.

Yup. My ex father in law's Dad sold their 1200 sq foot home near San Francisco in the late 90's. His wife passed away. He moved back here and built a new 1600sq ft ranch on 10 acres(and said he still had 50% of the sale proceeds left lol). I don't know how much they sold it for but my guess was well north of 500k. Cali is crazy expensive(location location location lol) Op...good for you. Happy wife - happy life. And hell you still have a Shelby :) I paid about my annual salary for my home. But it's tiny(and my 3rd house). I want to retire in 10 years(if I make it):shrug:and move south(Probably Florida).

Yup. My ex father in law's Dad sold their 1200 sq foot home near San Francisco in the late 90's. His wife passed away. He moved back here and built a new 1600sq ft ranch on 10 acres(and said he still had 50% of the sale proceeds left lol). I don't know how much they sold it for but my guess was well north of 500k. Cali is crazy expensive(location location location lol) Op...good for you. Happy wife - happy life. And hell you still have a Shelby :) I paid about my annual salary for my home. But it's tiny(and my 3rd house). I want to retire in 10 years(if I make it):shrug:and move south(Probably Florida).
People won't be able to give their Cali homes away once the next market collapse hits in a couple or so years. Make sure you invest the next time DOW hits 7k or 8k on the next dip and you'll be able to retire just fine in 10 years (if you survive).

Reactions: 1 users