Some pics of my car

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
I've never really been able to post any good pics of my car, so here are some I would like you guys to see.
The first few are my engine bay. I know its kinda dirty.
IM000320.jpg

IM000321.jpg

IM000319.jpg

Here's one for you guys that said a Fox body radiator won't fit in a classic. Its a 3 row, and the 351 NEVER gets over 190, on 100+ days sitting and idling, even without a shroud. I love it.
IM000322.jpg

My Autometer gauges. Sorry, didn't realize this picture is not very good.
IM000323.jpg

My Fox body console.
IM000324.jpg

And my trunk, which was made by me and a friend and MASSIVE amounts of beer on a 3 day weekend. And yeah it needs to be vacuumed. I have about 30-40$ in this trunk
IM000325.jpg

So what do you guys think of my project?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a question concerning the serpinetine system you have set up. I too have a 351W in a 68 coupe with a serpentine belt with PS. The upper hose I have attaches to a 45* chrome extention that attaches to the intake. I see you have the 90* fitting. Where did you get it and what upper hose are you running to the radiator (car type, year)? My upper hose is rubber flex hose that sits tighting on my alternator and I don't like that. Any help?

Car looks good. Very similar to mine except I don't have the center console. :nice:

Got any of the exterior?

The thermostat housing is for a late model Mustang (87-93) as is the upper hose, which I had to trim a little bit. These can be bought at Autozone. The hose part number L-159, I don't remember the number for the housing but they can look it up for you.

Nice car. Just like the above post - reminds me of my ride.. sort of. I too am building a 68 with a 351w. My engine is still out, but here is pic of mine. My 90degree neck is off a 80's 302 - it is a close fit but still fits. Not to steal your thread or anything.. ;)

march.jpg

Yup - the first and last shot were photoshopped. There is no engine in the car at this point so it sits quite high. That will be the stance I am going for when the engine is in though. The hose I'm using is one of those polished flexible hoses. The piece on it is what the hose get's clamped to. If I was running just a starndard rubber hose, I'd have no fitment problems. I toyed with going the race look up front, but I think I am just going to order the stock front and rear valance. The back wont even be the GT version. Going to hide the exhaust pipes for the clean look. The grill is just going to be blaced out no badges or trim.

My project is almost to the point of being able to start her up. I have my new AOD sitting on the floor, and the engine all ready to be dropped in. Just have to find some time and she'll have a heart again.

I'm sure we'll have basically the same the car with our own touches of style. I too have a trunk just like the picture above. Mine is slightly different though. I also did the autometer gauges, only I have the phantom gauges.