Some Track ?'s and what should i run game..

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
Headed to the track tonight for my 2nd time.... last year when i went i had exhaust and filter and pulled a 14.96 @ 92.32 with a 2.2 60' with 2.73 gears ....... mods in sig added since ...what do you all think??

and as far as tires.... I have bfgoodrich gforce sport street tires.... ive heard heating street tires makes them worse and you should just spin em a little to clear them off...... any opinions?? also should i run the rears a little less pressure?? ... thanks !!

• Sponsors (?)

and why do you say that lvmustang?

H What--It would be hard to guess what you as a driver are capable to pull off. However, avoid a full-out burnout with the street tires and avoid the water if its possible. If you must go through the water, just do a small spin to get it clean and you'll be good to go.

I feel bad for you guys that don't have an opportunity to run at a nice DA and a track that is prepped correctly. I have a consistant 13 second auto that honestly doesn't have many mods compared to some of the guys on this board.

Just worry about the 60' for the first few runs. See what launch technique works best FOR YOU and go from there.

I feel bad for you guys that don't have an opportunity to run at a nice DA and a track that is prepped correctly. I have a consistant 13 second auto that honestly doesn't have many mods compared to some of the guys on this board.

Just worry about the 60' for the first few runs. See what launch technique works best FOR YOU and go from there.

Where are you located? And BTW, what MODS have you done?

and why do you say that lvmustang?

H What--It would be hard to guess what you as a driver are capable to pull off. However, avoid a full-out burnout with the street tires and avoid the water if its possible. If you must go through the water, just do a small spin to get it clean and you'll be good to go.

I am just playing :rlaugh: don't take me serious. Should go high 13 easy.

Where are you located? And BTW, what MODS have you done?
In the Houston area and race at lovely Houston Raceway :nice:

As for mods--it's a basic bolt-on car.
pi cams
npi intake
steeda pulleys
3.73s
mac prochamber
magnaflow mufflers (quiet)
xcal2 with "custom" tunes
"cold air intake"---pretty much worthless right? :rlaugh:
My car is an automatic aswell

Weighed in at 3174 without me in it which is without backseats/spare/and with 2 aftermarket seats in the front.

In the Houston area and race at lovely Houston Raceway :nice:

As for mods--it's a basic bolt-on car.
pi cams
npi intake
steeda pulleys
3.73s
mac prochamber
magnaflow mufflers (quiet)
xcal2 with "custom" tunes
"cold air intake"---pretty much worthless right? :rlaugh:
My car is an automatic aswell

Weighed in at 3174 without me in it which is without backseats/spare/and with 2 aftermarket seats in the front.

you're still scared to race me:rlaugh:

:rlaugh: HRP on any of your days off, let me know :nice:

I'll tree you with your 5k launch with my poor little foot-braked auto :D

umkay:rolleyes:

Ill lay the smack down on that azz, then hand the keys over to your bud for him to continue the smack down! LOL! Ive got a couple meetings in the morning. Depending on how things go, car might be for sale in the next week or so. Ill PM ya the details, and then the dr's and welds/skinnies are yours for free if your friend is ready to buy.

On a serious note, my car is a 5 speed car in the consistant 8.80-8.90 range. I'm still with the stock 2.73 gears. Traction/track prep has a lot to do with it. My car is untuned with a vacuum leak and the fan constantly running.

I had similiar mods (give or take) with my 5sp. coupe and ran low 14s my first time at the track. If you have some experience under your belt I would say you would be in the low 14s easy with a goal to break into the 13s - always good to have a goal to shoot for. At any rate, it should be a nice improvement over the mostly stock times. The street tires are going to hurt though and probably not cut below a 2.0 tops.

Well the track sucked Friday..... I went to Englishtown (Raceway Park) in Old Bridge, NJ and only got 1 run in after 2:30 hours and left...... friends warned me it sucked there and i would only get 1 or 2 passes but the track I wanted to go to (Island) was closed due to rain... anyway with my 1 run i ran 14.8 @ 93.8 with a 2.2 60' and grinded pretty bad going into second and winded 3rd out too long...... I know if i had more runs i would have been low 14's easy (less nervous...got a feel for running the car all out again..etc..) .... im going to Island this coming Friday and know i will be able to get alot more runs in and a much better time.....