Sooo Annoyed with my 98!!

Slim351c

May 6, 2011
Wilm, DE.
so here is my list of bolt on "goodies"... I know its not much but i am getting so annoyed since I am only running 14.8 consistently my best was prolly 14.6!!! I dont know what to do now... what else should I get to make my times quicker.. I know I need gears I am going to go with 373s but I really can not do that yet!!! I just need help!

BBK CAI
BBK 75mm TB
Trick Flow 75mm TB Elbow
Summit Under Drive Pulleys
BBK Gripp Short Throw Shifter
DiabloSport 93 Octane Predator Tune
MSD Ignition Coils
MSD 8.5mm Wires
2.5" BBK X-Pipe (Catless)
2.5" American Thunder Flowmaster

Tires: Rear 275/40ZR17 Nitto Extreme ZR NT555's

• Sponsors (?)

PI cams and PI intake. Search around, there's a lot of info about that swap. With the bolt-ons you already have, the cams and intake would probably net you over half a second in the 1/4.

Or if you are really ambitious, go ahead and swap the PI heads on as well.

Also, what's the weather/altitude like where you are racing? Back before I got my blower, I had the full bolt-on, PI cam/PI intake setup, and was getting terrible time slips. Only in the low 15 second range. BUT, this was in the dead of summer on really hot tracks with no tune. I picked up a full second in the 1/4 mile with cooler weather and a tune.

Just remember that the same car isn't going to be running the same times everywhere in the country. In other words, your DA affects your cars performance. For example, Im pretty sure that if I ran my car in areas like the coastal states where it's sea level, Im sure that I'd see low 14's or even high 13's.....but cars here run about a whole secon slower because our DA hovers around 7000ft.

Also, those are some good mods, but their potential is severely limited with that NPI motor. Do a PI swap and you'll probably shave a good .5 off those times.

Honestly, most of your modifications have little to no effect on power/torque at your level. The best one you have for power so far is the OR X pipe. Again, get PI cams and PI intake on and it'll run a whole lot better.

Honestly, most of your modifications have little to no effect on power/torque at your level. The best one you have for power so far is the OR X pipe. Again, get PI cams and PI intake on and it'll run a whole lot better.

That was my thought...swap in PI C/I and they will make better use of the mods you already have. $500-1000, depending on who does the work, and say hello to 13s!

+1. And like everyone has said above. You'll say hello to the 13's in no time.

My 98 ran a 13.79 @ 97.95mph best in late oct 2009. DA was approx 1500ft.
mods on the car at the time were:
K&N air filter
BBK 78mm tb & elbow
PI intake & cams
Steeda underdrive pulleys
Steeda T/A set at 14*
UPR o/r x-pipe
Magnaflow cat back
I had general altimax tires 245/40r-17 @ 20psi
it was running 13.8x consistantly all fall. havent made back to the track since then

Gears should be your first investment bar none. These cars have a hard time getting into the power band with the 3.27's. If you don't have a long commute, don't even hesitate and throw in 4.10's. At 80 mph you will be running 2900 RPMS; go the speed limit when your not racing and you'll be fine.

You never mentioned your 60ft, but it does play a role on whether you are getting the most out of your car right now.