sorry, but i have to ask a sd cam question....

vadim

Nov 29, 2008
Ok i have been reading on the net for about 4 hours, i have a 88gt, and i am trying to find a cam that i can run without having to go to MAF, now i've been through this site, 50tech.com and a few others. they have mentioned everything from trick flow stage 1, comp xe270-hr, crower "baby" 15510 and crower 15511 to mention a few, but i haven't seen any real feedback as to what works, i have read so many posts i am totally confused. i'm most likely to be putting in those 19# Explorer injectors and the explorer intake(just need to find out what year) and posibly a set of SB-Ford Windsor Jr Cast Iron Heads. so i really need some concreat information for a cam. if you can help me out, thanks, my head really hurts, to many darn numbers on these cam specs.

Mike..AKA Vadim.:canada:

• Sponsors (?)

do they have a web site? i was kinda hoping that someone would have something similar and have had no problems. there has to be someone out there that has sd with the right cam, i have read alot about TMOSS, mabey he could chime in here if he see's this post. Thanks.

Vadim:canada:

Hey Mike, I don't have any cam recommendations, I was just curious about the reluctance to go mass air? You'd be much better off and wouldn't need to stick with SD compatible cams that may, or may not hold you back. I know you're looking for more performance, but if not wanting to spend the money on a mass air conversion is the only limiting factor, I think you might find that it's not expensive, and will better help you reach higher power numbers.

Stanggt1995- well i am on a budget at the moment, and am trying to get my heads, intake and cam without having to go to mass air. just another expense i can do without at the moment, i'm only looking to hopefully achieve 350 horse or so. but need help to get there. thanks guys for all the help thus far, apreatiated greatly!

Mike.

ok guys well with the help of TMOSS i have narrowed it down to using the crower 15510. thanks for all the help guys, and TMOSS. just have to save my pennies now.

I'm noticing a few problems with your logic right off the bat, that really need to be addressed before you go buying more parts.

19lb injectors will NOT support 350 hp without a lot of fuel pressure, and then you'll likely just run into part throttle problems without a decent tune. SD won't support 350 hp (or larger injectors) without a tune either. A properly assembled MAF system will.

Why get an expensive aftermarket cam just to dance around the problems with SD when you're running mild engine parts anyway? The stock cam is actually pretty stout, and I've seen builds make damn near 400 hp on the stock cam without any power adders. Just wait until you're running MAF so you can go as wild as you want. I think you'll be happy you did in the long run.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, just trying to help ya before you go wasting money!

I ran the comp cams nx264hr cam wiith thumpers heads and tmoss lower in my sd set up and it had no issues at all. The specs are perfect for sd.

I agree, 350 flywheel horse is not there. I'm pushing the limit on SD - but I think he could come close to my results if he does things right and I run Explorer 19# injectors. The NX264 and XE 264 would be cams that would work too, I just like the Crower cam better.