Speaking of winter rides, let's see yours (my pix)

• Sponsors (?)

In extreme weather... I have the "Beast"... 5.8L 4X4 Full size Bronco...

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00142.jpg
    DSC00142.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00145.jpg
    DSC00145.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 65
mity2 said:
can't find pic, but i got Geo Prizm with remote start. Never gettin in to cold car again!

I'm thinking about installing a "remote start" in my Mazda... the last week I have come out of the shower to go outside in my robe to start the car up 15 minutes before I leave (5:30am) cause of the ice sheet on my windshield. It's getting cold here.

RED2001GT said:
I drive my 2002 Mustang V6 all year round, even in the brutal New England weather up here.

Thank you, im considering getting a mustang so i joined up on this forum to ask a few questions, and my prodominate question was how these things handle in winter. I live in New England also so there may be sometimes that id get stuck in the snow so im still a little worried about how a mustang will perform in the snow if that happens. I live in CT on the shoreline so the winters aren't that bad here but we do get snow, luckly ussually the roads are pretty much cleaned up with in a day or two, with just an occational snow patch. So should i still be looking for a mustang or should i start looking for something a little more snow oriented?

BeowulfZX said:
Thank you, im considering getting a mustang so i joined up on this forum to ask a few questions, and my prodominate question was how these things handle in winter. I live in New England also so there may be sometimes that id get stuck in the snow so im still a little worried about how a mustang will perform in the snow if that happens. I live in CT on the shoreline so the winters aren't that bad here but we do get snow, luckly ussually the roads are pretty much cleaned up with in a day or two, with just an occational snow patch. So should i still be looking for a mustang or should i start looking for something a little more snow oriented?

Get the Mustang. I have a lot of fun driving mine in the winter. I purchased 4 Blizzak WS-50 snow tires for my Mustang last year and I never got stuck in the snow or ice and I NEVER put anything inside my trunk for traction. I always turn the traction control OFF when there is deep snow and when I need to have more traction. Otherwise, I drive with the traction control ON where the roads have little snow or where the roads have been plowed and salted. I would NEVER want to drive anything else other than my Mustang during the wintertime.

mity2 said:
can't find pic, but i got Geo Prizm with remote start. Never gettin in to cold car again!

My stang has a remote start. Nothing I would have ever put on the car, but the husband got it for me for Christmas last year :shrug:
It is pretty nice in the winter, tho, since I drive the stang year round.

My winter rides
2006 Burton Air
IMG_030722.jpg

and
1980 Polaris 440 TX :D (not my pictures, but looks identical except i painted it the same color as my truck, pics of truck below)
1980_POLARIS_440_TX_1_PP105.jpg

View attachment 433568
The other one... 2002 Polaris XC/SP 800 Edge
Polaris-XC.jpg

And finally, drumroll please, The Duke.
28516145688.jpg

28516145693.jpg

You guys with the nice winter vehicles have it all wrong... its all about having a winter BEATER, that you can toss a sled (referring to the snowmobile for those uninitiated) into the back for weight and then running into those *******s who cut you off.

Attachments

• IMG_030722.jpg
    IMG_030722.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1980_POLARIS_440_TX_1_PP105.jpg
    1980_POLARIS_440_TX_1_PP105.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 59