Speed Density Combos

I was just given some “Brodix BP ST 5.0 R Series Cylinder Heads CNC Ported” by a friend and was wondering how these would fare on a SD car? So far my 87 Notch has a 306 with mods that include Intake, BBK 70mm Spacer and TB,BBK long tubes,BBK Off Road Cats with X pipe to stainless piping with Borla XR-1’s. Currently running some crap E7 heads that don’t breath for anything and the car still did 251hp and 300+tq at Izzy Performance Dyno in Compton Ca. Now what I wanna know is how some of you SD guys feel this car would do with a Crower 15511 or a Steeda #19 cam and those new heads added?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not SD that is difficult to deal with, it's the OEM SD EEC. It's not going to like your displacement variables much.

I think an aftermarket SD would be nice :nice: We have some folks around here that have tried a number of them. I couldn't tell ya which one I thought was best. I went TwEECer R/T back in the day and it was a bit of a pain.

I eventually just converted to MAF but there's def better stuff now than there was then.

Reactions: 1 user
It's not SD that is difficult to deal with, it's the OEM SD EEC. It's not going to like your displacement variables much.

I think an aftermarket SD would be nice :nice: We have some folks around here that have tried a number of them. I couldn't tell ya which one I thought was best. I went TwEECer R/T back in the day and it was a bit of a pain.

I eventually just converted to MAF but there's def better stuff now than there was then.
Yeah my plan is to run SD with MegaSquirtPNP stand-alone system later down the line when cash frees up. A lot of tuners around the SoCal area run MSPNP with SD pushing ridiculous numbers for Drag, Autocross and Drifting. So for the moment I was gonna run a SD friendly cam to keep the vacuum and idle happy till then.

When a dog bone slipped out and my SD cam got eaten up, I went to that 15511 cam. It ran fine but at idle it would run rich. Never could get it too not idle rich, so I converted to MAF with a 70mm SN MAF unit.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
When a dog bone slipped out and my SD cam got eaten up, I went to that 15511 cam. It ran fine but at idle it would run rich. Never could get it to not idle rich, so I converted to MAF with a 70mm SN MAF unit.
Yeah I’m having that trouble of running rich at idle now. I think it’s the current mods and the speed density acting up. I guess if running that Crower I’d have the same mild richness? At this point I believe I’m buying with a MegaSquirt computer then cam it. Building a fresh 331 so we’ll see how it goes.