• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 435
  • 436
  • 437
  • 438
  • 439
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 437 of 1056 Next Last

cold96snake

20+ Year Stangneter
Jan 26, 2004
817
1
39
Truly, out to sea
Aug 18, 2005
#8,721
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,721
Badstang00 said:
I am so sorry to hear that brother If there is ANYTHING that I can do, let me know.....

-Mike
Click to expand...
Thanks. Right now, I don't know what to do. Everyone's been contacted, arrangements are being made, starting to go through the house w/ my mom, but there only so much of that you can do in a day....Just sucks everyone close to me is so far away.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 18, 2005
#8,722
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,722
Wow Larry, Sorry to hear man. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 18, 2005
#8,723
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,723
whitehorseupnorth said:
So whats it going to be? Mike and myself at FFW. Will I be alone on Sunday??
Come on!! It's FFW. One weekend a year!!!!
Click to expand...


Chris

Im going on sunday but I cant saturday b/c I could not get it as a vacation day and I already called out twice this week so thats out. We can meet up sun morn and go down if you want.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 18, 2005
#8,724
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,724
Larry-

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope everthing is going ok
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 18, 2005
#8,725
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,725
Striped5.0 said:
Chris

Im going on sunday but I cant saturday b/c I could not get it as a vacation day and I already called out twice this week so thats out. We can meet up sun morn and go down if you want.
Click to expand...

OK, stop by with the bike tomorrow if your in the area. I should be home all day.

Larry, sorry yo hear about your dad. Our prayers are with you.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 18, 2005
#8,726
  • Aug 18, 2005
  • #8,726
whitehorseupnorth said:
OK, stop by with the bike tomorrow if your in the area. I should be home all day.

.
Click to expand...



Dont think I'll be ready to venture that far by tomorrow. I still have not ridden it on the road yet ( tomorrow I am ). There repaving part of the road that connects to Route 85 and its all tore up dirt, bumpy, and uneven so I dont think Im going to head out on the main roads until they get that repaved. Then again if I get the hang of it real quick then it might not matter. I'll prob try and bring it by on sunday but I'll still need to get a ride w/ you down to FFW b/c I cant go out of state on my permit.
 

DoubleONegative

Active Member
Jun 30, 2003
1,528
2
39
Tioga Cty PA
Aug 19, 2005
#8,727
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,727
Striped5.0 said:
Dont think I'll be ready to venture that far by tomorrow. I still have not ridden it on the road yet ( tomorrow I am ). There repaving part of the road that connects to Route 85 and its all tore up dirt, bumpy, and uneven so I dont think Im going to head out on the main roads until they get that repaved. Then again if I get the hang of it real quick then it might not matter. I'll prob try and bring it by on sunday but I'll still need to get a ride w/ you down to FFW b/c I cant go out of state on my permit.
Click to expand...

 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,728
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,728
DoubleONegative said:
Atleast his priorities are straight both with his wife and his stang
Click to expand...
I spend time doing one thing she REALLY wants to do and I'm set for quite a while to do what I want.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,729
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,729
Sorry to hear about your dad, Larry.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,730
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,730
Striped5.0 said:
Dont think I'll be ready to venture that far by tomorrow. I still have not ridden it on the road yet ( tomorrow I am ). There repaving part of the road that connects to Route 85 and its all tore up dirt, bumpy, and uneven so I dont think Im going to head out on the main roads until they get that repaved.
Click to expand...
Trust me when I say eventually you will run into paving projects, messed up roads, sand in the road on a curve, and going over bridges with metal gratings. All those things suck on a bike. As prepared as you think you are, you will run into these suprises and could loose control very easily. A few years ago here in Saco a guy hit a frost heave on his bike and lost control, he is dead.
Have a nice day!
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,731
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,731
gaslight said:
I spend time doing one thing she REALLY wants to do and I'm set for quite a while to do what I want.
Click to expand...


What good is that if you don't get to go to FFW. It's only once a year!!!!!
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 19, 2005
#8,732
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,732
gaslight said:
Trust me when I say eventually you will run into paving projects, messed up roads, sand in the road on a curve, and going over bridges with metal gratings. All those things suck on a bike. As prepared as you think you are, you will run into these suprises and could loose control very easily. A few years ago here in Saco a guy hit a frost heave on his bike and lost control, he is dead.
Have a nice day!
Click to expand...


I know that Brian . Im just saying that Ive had the bike 2 days and I have the option to avoid it until I am comfortable on the bike and once I am then it wont be an issue.

That guy must have been riding pretty early in the yr to hit a frost heave. or just was not fimilar w/ where he was and was just going to fast to be thrown off the bike.
 

DoubleONegative

Active Member
Jun 30, 2003
1,528
2
39
Tioga Cty PA
Aug 19, 2005
#8,733
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,733
Larry sorry to hear the news about your father.
 

DoubleONegative

Active Member
Jun 30, 2003
1,528
2
39
Tioga Cty PA
Aug 19, 2005
#8,734
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,734
I just realized that you actually bought a Honda trav....shame on you
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,735
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,735
Larry sorry to hear about your father
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 19, 2005
#8,736
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,736
gaslight said:
going over bridges with metal gratings.
Click to expand...

ugh that has to be the worst..especially when its raining or if the bridge is wet...ugh
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 19, 2005
#8,737
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,737
well went for the first ride today. Only went 17 miles and just here around my house so I could get the feel for the bike, shifiting it and taking off at stop signs. I live in a pretty rural area so its not a to bad of an area to pratice, also one good corner so I got to see how the bike felt leaning into a corner. Prob could have taken it at 70 but I was only going 35-40..lol

First impression is that this bike is awesome. Its so responsive its like you dont even have to lean or turn it just does it on its own if you even think about it. You feel so much more free and not strapped inside of a car. I only got it up to about 60 MPH and a 6,000 RPMS but I can just tell this thing is so fast and requires alot of respect. The break in period is 600 miles and not going over 6,000 RPMS, seems kinda weird b/c my car tached out at 6,000 and this one redlines at 15,000
 
F

forcedinductee

New Member
Jun 6, 2005
6
0
0
Aug 19, 2005
#8,738
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,738
what time tomorrow at kennebunk?
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 19, 2005
#8,739
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,739
Striped5.0 said:
I can just tell this thing is so fast and requires alot of respect.
Click to expand...
I say that about my car all the time!
 

Mr GT 02

New Member
Apr 8, 2004
548
0
0
Peabody, MA
Aug 19, 2005
#8,740
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #8,740
Striped5.0 said:
well went for the first ride today. Only went 17 miles and just here around my house so I could get the feel for the bike, shifiting it and taking off at stop signs. I live in a pretty rural area so its not a to bad of an area to pratice, also one good corner so I got to see how the bike felt leaning into a corner. Prob could have taken it at 70 but I was only going 35-40..lol

First impression is that this bike is awesome. Its so responsive its like you dont even have to lean or turn it just does it on its own if you even think about it. You feel so much more free and not strapped inside of a car. I only got it up to about 60 MPH and a 6,000 RPMS but I can just tell this thing is so fast and requires alot of respect. The break in period is 600 miles and not going over 6,000 RPMS, seems kinda weird b/c my car tached out at 6,000 and this one redlines at 15,000
Click to expand...
its a 600cc Bike? there is faster bikes out there. imagine that..lol

I also plan on getting a bike once my car is paid off in 2 years..have fun!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 435
  • 436
  • 437
  • 438
  • 439
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 437 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
375
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
152
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
144
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
455
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?