Stang doesn't start sometimes, what could it be

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes when i start my car i turn the key, starts up, then dies. Spark plugs havent been changed for the longest time... could it be that?
I'd throw proper maintenance at it first; being the cheapest and easiest start to a solution. This being plugs, cleaning up the COPs, spraying the boots with silicone spray, and putting dielectric grease in them. Then, get some MAF cleaner and clean that thing up real good. Run a whole can of Seafoam through a vacuum line on the intake, then take the IAC off and soak it in a parts cleaner bin, or just clean it up the best you can with some Brakleen. If it's still doing the same thing, try a new IAC, and test the resistances on all of your COPs to see if one's going bad.

I'd throw proper maintenance at it first; being the cheapest and easiest start to a solution. This being plugs, cleaning up the COPs, spraying the boots with silicone spray, and putting dielectric grease in them. Then, get some MAF cleaner and clean that thing up real good. Run a whole can of Seafoam through a vacuum line on the intake, then take the IAC off and soak it in a parts cleaner bin, or just clean it up the best you can with some Brakleen. If it's still doing the same thing, try a new IAC, and test the resistances on all of your COPs to see if one's going bad.

I like to know how to clean cops ? and what is silicone spray ? Where can I get them ?

Thanks in adavance

I like to know how to clean cops ? and what is silicone spray ? Where can I get them ?
Thanks in adavance

When I clean my COPs, I pull all of the rubber boots off of them and spray them down liberally, inside and out, with some silicone spray. You can get silicone spray just about anywhere; there isn't an auto parts store near me that doesn't carry it. I use it as a much cheaper alternative to 303 Aerospace protectant. That is the stuff to use, if you have the cash to spare. I let them soak while I clean the coils with some electronic parts cleaner. Once they are all cleaned up, I put a bit of dielectric grease inside each of the springs, and a small amount on the connector. Once I'm done with that, I shake out the rubber boots and pop them back in place, then back on the car they go. Here's a link to some silicone spray. This is Permatex, which will probably be about the most expensive spray out there. I use some $1.99 stuff that works just fine. :nice:

http://www.performanceonline.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18008&cat=654&page=1